State Council General Office Notice concerning Establishing the State Council Leading Group for Informatization Work
GBF No. (1996)15
All provincial, autonomous region and municipal People’s Governments, all State Council ministries and Commissions, all directly subordinate organs:
In order to strengthen leadership over nationwide informatization work, the State Council has decided to establish the State Council Leading Group for Informatization Work (hereafter simply named Leading Group). Hereby, the relevant measures are notified as follows:
I, Main responsibilities of the Leading Group
The Leading Group is the consultative and coordination organ responsible for informatization work nationwide, its main duties are:
(1) researching and formulating national informatization work principles and pollicies, organizing and coordinating the drafting work of relevant laws and regulations.
(2) organizing and drafting national informatization development strategies, overall planning (including national information infrastructure, information technology and information industry, major information projects matters, information resource exploitation and information talent training, etc.), as well as phased implementation schemes. Supervising and examining the implementations of plans and schemes.
(3) Organizing and coordinating the construction of major national information projects across departments, across regions, which relate to national economic and oscial development, coordinating and guiding informatization construction work in major cities and major regions; under comprehensive planning, putting forward opinions over major information project establishment, feasibbility research and initiation of construction.
(4) Coordinating and resolving marjo problems in our country’s large-scale computer networks and relevant international networking work.
(5) Organizing research of crucial technology in national informatization construction, coordinating and formulating relevant public technological and applied standards.
(6) Undertaking other work submitted by the State Council.
II, Composition of the Leading Group
Zou Jiahua (State Council Vice-Premier)
Hu Qili (Minister of the Ministry of Electronics)
Wu Jichuan (Minister of the Ministry of Post and Telecommunications)
Liu Qibao (Vice-Chief Secretary of the State Council)
Ceng Peiyan (State Planning Commission, Vice-Director)
Zhu Lilan (State Commission for Economics and Trade, Vice-Director)
Chen Yuan (People’s Bank of China, Vice-Director)
Wei Yu (State Education Commission, Vice-Director)
Zhang Youcai (Ministry of Finance, Vice-Minister
Lü Xinkui (Ministry of Electronics, Vice-Minister)
Liu Shanzai (Ministry of Foreign Economics and Trade, Vice-Minister)
He Dongcai (Ministry of Radio, Film and Television, Vice-Minister)
Liu Wenjie (General Administration of Customs, Vice-Director)
Xiang Huaicheng (General Taxation Bureau, Vice-Director)
Li Bing (State Council Information Office, Vice-Director)
Lu Yongxiang (Chinese Academy of Science, Vice-Director)
Li Runsen (Ministry of Public Security, Assistant Minister)
Li Rui (National Technology Supervision Bureau, Vice-Director)
Yuan Ban’gen (General Staff Headquaters Communication Department, Director)
3, The administrative body of the Leading Group
An office is set up under the Leading Group, the former Office of the National Joint Conference for Economic Informatization is changed into the Leading Group’s Office. The Office is the daily administrative body for the Leading Group, and is responsible for all work submitted by the Leading Group. The headship of the Office is held part=time by Vice-Minister of Electronics, Lü Xinkiu. The Office is provided with two full-time and two part-time vice-directors, the full-time vice-directors are respectively appointed by the Ministry of Electronics and the Ministry of Post and Telecommunications; the part-time vice-directors are respectively appointed by the State Planning Commission and the State Science and Technology Commission.
If member work units and members of the Leading Group need to be reorganized, the matter is to be reported to the Chair of the Leading Group for approval after consultation between the relevant work units and the Leading Group’s Office.
State Council General Office of the People’s Republic of China
16 April 1996.