Chapter I: General provisions
Article 1: In order to standardize audiovisual programme dissemination through the Internet and other information networks order, strengthen supervision and management, stimulate the construction of a socialist spiritual civilization, these Rules are formulated.
Article 2: These Rules apply to activities using Internet protocol (IP) as main technological form, using all sorts of electronic equipment such as computers, television sets, mobile telephones, etc., as receiving terminals, through information networks such as mobile connection networks, fixed connection networks, mobile connection networks, cable television networks, satellite or other metropolitan area networks, wide area networks, local area networks, etc., engaging in launching, disseminating (including on-demand broadcasting, relaying, direct broadcasting), integrating, transmission and downloading of audiovisual programmes.
Audiovisual programmes as named in these regulations (including film and television-type audiovisual products), refers to audiovisual frequency programmes short or recorded using cameras, camcorders, audio recorders or other audiovisual frequency production equipment, composed of continuously moving images or continuously moving sound.
Article 3: The State Administration of Radio, Film and Television (hereafter simply named SARFT) is responsible for audiovisual programme dissemination through the Internet and other information networks nationwide (hereafter simply named information network broadcast of audiovisual programmes) management work.
County-level or higher local administrative radio, film and television entities are responsible for audiovisual programme dissemination through the Internet and other information networks management works in their jurisdiction.
Article 4: The State implements a permit system over information network dissemination of audiovisual programmes.
Article 5: The State encourages district (city) levels or higher radio stations and television stations to disseminate audiovisual broadcast through the international Internet.
Chapter II: Professional permit
Article 6: For engaging in information network dissemination of audiovisual programmes work, an ”Information Network Dissemination of Audiovisual Programmes Permit” shall be obtained.
The “Information Network Dissemination of Audiovisual Programmes Permit” will be approved and issued by SARFT according to item classification such as information network dissemination of audiovisual programmes professional categories, receiving terminals, transmission networks, etc.
Professional categories are divided into disseminating self-made programmes, relaying programmes and providing integrated programme operation services.
Receiving terminals are divided into computers, television sets, mobile telephones and other categories of electronic equipment.
Transmission networks are divided into mobile communication networks, fixed communication networks, microwave communication networks, cable television networks, satellite or other metropolitan area networks, wide area networks, local area networks, etc.
Article 7: Foreign-invested, Sino-foreign contractual and cooperative joint venture organs may not engage in information network dissemination of audiovisual programmes work.
Radio stations and television stations of which SARFT approved establishment or websites enjoying Internet news distribution qualifications according to the law may apply for launching information network dissemination of audiovisual programmes work, other organs and individuals may not launch information network dissemination of audiovisual programmes work.
Provincial, autonomous region and municipal as well as provincial capital city, and plan-listed city-level or higher radio stations, television stations, radio, film and television groups (general station) of which establishment was approved by SARFT, may apply to engage in information network dissemination of audiovisual programme integrated operation services with television sets as receiving terminals by themselves or by establishing an organ. Other organs and individuals may not launch this kind of work.
Article 8: When applying for an “Information Network Dissemination of Audiovisual Programmes Permit”, the following conditions shall be met:
(1) conforming to the SARFT-formulated general plan and distribution of information network dissemination of audiovisual programmes;
(2) conforming to the sector scope and technology standard provided by the State;
(3) having own funds, equipment, premises and the necessary expert personnel suited for the work scale;
(4) having audiovisual programme resources suited for the work scale and conforming to State regulations;
(5) having service reputation, technological capacity and network resources suited for the work scale;
(6) having complete programme content examination systems, broadcast management systems;
(7) having feasible programme inspection and control plans;
(8) other conditions provided in laws and administrative regulations.
Article 9: When applying for an “Information Network Dissemination of Audiovisual Programmes Permit”, the following materials must be submitted:
(1) an application report, of which the content shall include: professional category (self-made programmes, relay, integration, etc.), broadcast symbols (the special symbol for engaging in information network dissemination of audiovisual programmes), broadcast method (channel broadcast, on-demand broadcast, download order, streaming, data broadcast, etc.), transmission networks, dissemination carriers, dissemination scope, receiving terminals, programme categories, integrated content, etc;
(2) an “Information Network Dissemination of Audiovisual Programmes Permit” application form;
(3) content plans, technological schemes, operational schemes and management systems for engaging in information network dissemination of audiovisual programmes;
(4) supervision schemes for providing inspection and control signals to governmental supervision entities;
(5) certification materials of personnel, equipment and premises;
(6) proof of the basic situation and the development of work of the bidding organ (website registration documents, radio station and television station permits, radio and television programme production or operation permits, documents for engaging in publishing news work, etc.);
(7) articles of association, business licence, capital verification (where the applicant is an enterprise).
Article 10: Organs applying for an “Information Network Dissemination of Audiovisual Programmes Permit”, shall raise an application with the county-level or higher administrative radio, film and television entity of their locality, and submit written materials conform to the provisions of Article 9, and after gradual examination, verification and agreement, report to SARFT for examination and approval.
Centre-subordinated enterprise and undertaking work units may directly raise applications with SARFT.
Those conforming to conditions, shall be issued a “Information Network Dissemination of Audiovisual Programmes Permit” by SARFT.
Article 11: Administrative radio, film and television entities responsible for acceptance shall according to the time limits and powers provided in the Administrative Licensing Law, implement acceptance, examination and verification duties. Where the applicant’s application conforms to statutory standards, administrative radio, film and television entities having decision rights shall make a written decision on granting administrative permission. Of those not granted an administrative permission decision, the applicant shall be informed in writing and the reasons shall be explained.
Article 12: The period of validity of the “Information Network Dissemination of Audiovisual Programmes Permit” is two years. Where, at the time of expiry, continuous engagement in information network dissemination of audiovisual programmes is required, continuation procedures shall be handled according to the examination and approval procedure provided in these Rules six months before expiry.
Article 13: Organs having obtained an “Information Network Dissemination of Audiovisual Programmes Permit” (hereafter simply named permit-holding organs) shall engage in information network dissemination of audiovisual programmes according to the business subject, professional qualification, symbols, dissemination method, transmission network, transmission carrier, transmission scope, receiving terminal, programme categories and integrated content, etc., clearly recorded in the “Information Network Dissemination of Audiovisual Programmes Permit”.
Article 14: permit-holding organs, where changing registered capital, shareholders and shareholding proportions, and the business subject, professional qualification, symbols, dissemination method, transmission network, transmission carrier, transmission scope, receiving terminal, programme categories and integrated content, etc., clearly recorded on the Permit, shall report to SARFT for approval sixty days in advance, and conduct permit published matters modification formalities.
Permit-holding organs, where change occurs in matters such as address, website address, website name, legal representative, etc., shall within 30 days after the change, report to SARFT for filing and conduct permit published matters modification formalities.
Article 15: permit-holding organs shall open services within sixty days of obtaining the “Information Network Dissemination of Audiovisual Programmes Permit”. Where they cannot open according to schedule because of exceptional reasons, they shall obtain agreement of the permit-issuing organ, otherwise it shall be dealt with according to business closure.
Article 16: Organs holding a “Information Network Dissemination of Audiovisual Programmes Permit” terminating work, shall report to the original permit-issuing organ sixty days in advance, its “Information Network Dissemination of Audiovisual Programmes Permit” shall be cancelled by the original permit-issuing organ.
Chapter III, Professional supervision
Chapter 17: News-category audiovisual programmes used for broadcast to the public through information networks, are limited to programmes produced and disseminated by domestic radio station, television station, radio and television station as well as approved news websites.
Television drama-type audiovisual programmes used for broadcast to the public through information networks, must have obtained a “Television Drama Distribution Permit” or a “Film Public Screening Permit”.
Article 18: Audiovisual programmes disseminated trough information networks, shall conform to the provisions of the “Copyright Law”.
Article 19: It is prohibited to disseminate programmes having the following content through information networks:
(1) content that violates the basic principles of the Constitution;
(2) content that endangers the unity of the nation, sovereignty or territorial integrity;
(3) content that divulges secrets of the State, endangers national security or damages the honour or benefits of the State;
(4) content that incites the nation hatred or discrimination, undermines the solidarity of the nations, or infringes upon national customs and habits;
(5) content that propagates evil cults or superstition;
(6) content that disturbs the public order or destroys the public stability;
(7) content that propagates obscenity, gambling, violence or instigates crimes;
(8) content that insults or slanders others, or infringes upon the lawful rights and interests of others;
(9) content that endangers public ethics or excellent folk cultural traditions;
(10) other content prohibited by laws, regulations or State provisions.
Article 20: permit-holding organs shall establish and complete programme examination and broadcast safety management systems, implement a general programme editorial responsibility system, allocate programme examination personnel, to conduct examination of their broadcasted programme content.
Article 21: Information network operating organs may not provide services related to information network dissemination of audiovisual programmes to organs not having an “Information Network Dissemination of Audiovisual Programmes Permit”
Article 22: Information such as the disseminated audiovisual programme’s name, content outline, broadcasting time, length, source, etc., shall be preserved by permit-holding organs for at least 30 days.
Article 23: When using information networks to relay audiovisual programmes, only radio and television programmes broadcasted by radio stations and television stations may be relayed, it is prohibited to relay illegally organized radio and television programmes, it is prohibited to relay foreign radio and television programme.
When using information networks to link or integrate audiovisual programme, only audiovisual programmes organized by organs having an “Information Network Dissemination of Audiovisual Programmes Permit” can be linked or integrated, it is prohibited to link or integrate foreign Internet sites’ audiovisual programme.
Article 24: Provincial-level or higher administrative radio, film and television entities shall establish audiovisual programme supervision systems, establish public supervision reporting systems, strengthen supervision and management over information network dissemination of audiovisual programmes.
Permit-holding organs shall provide necessary signal input connections to audiovisual programme supervision and control systems.
Article 25: Those, in violation of these Rules, without approval, without authorization engaging in information network dissemination of audiovisual programmes, shall be banned by the county-level or higher administrative radio, film and television entity, and may also be fined more than 10.000 Yuan but less then 30.000 Yuan; where it constitutes a crime, criminal liability shall be investigated according to the law.
Article 26: Those, in violation of these Rules, having one of the following acts, shall be ordered to cease the unlawful act, issued a warning, be rectified and reformed within a specified time, and may be fined less than 30.000 Yuan by the county-level or higher administrative radio, film and television entity; where it constitutes a crime, criminal liability shall be investigated according to the law.
(1) Those engaging in information network dissemination of audiovisual programmes work not according to the items clearly marked on the “Information Network Dissemination of Audiovisual Programmes Permit”;
(2) without approval, without authorization changing the items clearly marked on the Permit, permit-holding organ’s registered capital, shareholders and shareholding proportions;
(3) those violating the provisions of Article 16 and Article 18 of these Rules;
(4) those disseminating audiovisual programmes of which broadcast is prohibited according to the provisions of Article 19 of these Rules;
(5) those providing services related to disseminating audiovisual programmes work to organs not yet having a “Information Network Dissemination of Audiovisual Programmes Permit”
(6) those not preserving audiovisual programme broadcast records according to regulations;
(7) those utilizing information networks to relay foreign radio and television programmes, relay illegally organized radio and television programmes;
(8) those illegally linking or integrating foreign radio and television programmes as well as illegally linking or integrating audiovisual programmes disseminated by foreign web sites
Article 27: Legal representatives, general programme editors or programme examiners of organizing organs, in violation of these regulations not implementing the duties they should fulfil, where irregular content appears three times or more, provincial-level or higher administrative radio, film and television entities will issue a warning to the organizing organ, and may also be fined less than 1.000 Yuan.
Chapter V: Supplementary provisions
Article 28: Organs having already obtained an “Online Dissemination of Audiovisual Programmes Permit” before implementation of these rules, shall exchange their permit according to the provisions of these Rules within six months after implementation of these Rules.
Article 29: These Rules take effect on 11 October 2004. The SARFT “Internet and Other Information Networks Audiovisual Programme Dissemination Management Rules” (SARFT Decree No. 15) are abolished at the same time.
互联网等信息网络传播视听节目管理办法 第一章 总则
第 一条 为规范互联网等信息网络传播视听节目秩序，加强监督管理，促进社会主义精神文明建设，制定本办法。
第 二条 本办法适用于以互联网协议（IP）作为主要技术形态，以计算机、电视机、手机等各类电子设备为接收终端，通过移动通信网、固定通信网、微波通信网、有线电视网、卫星或其他城域网、广域网、局域网等信息网络，从事开办、播放（含点播、转播、直播）、集成、传输、下载视听节目服务等活动。
第 三条 国家广播电影电视总局（以下简称广电总局）负责全国互联网等信息网络传播视听节目（以下简称信息网络传播视听节目）的管理工作。
第 四条 国家对从事信息网络传播视听节目业务实行许可制度。
第 五条 国家鼓励地（市）级以上广播电台、电视台通过国际互联网传播视听节目。
第 六条 从事信息网络传播视听节目业务，应取得《信息网络传播视听节目许可证》。
第 七条 外商独资、中外合资、中外合作机构，不得从事信息网络传播视听节目业务。 经广电总局批准设立的广播电台、电视台或依法享有互联网新闻发布资格的网站可以申请开办信息网络传播新闻类视听节目业务，其他机构和个人不得开办信息网络传播新闻类视听节目业务。
第 八条 申请《信息网络传播视听节目许可证》，应当具备下列条件：
第 九条 申请《信息网络传播视听节目许可证》，须提交以下材料：
第 十条 申请《信息网络传播视听节目许可证》的机构，应向所在地县级以上广播电视行政部门提出申请，并提交符合第九条规定的书面材料，经逐级审核同意后，报广电总局审批。 中央所属企事业单位，可直接向广电总局提出申请。
第 十一条 负责受理的广播电视行政部门应按照行政许可法规定的期限和权限，履行受理、审核职责。申请人的申请符合法定标准的，有权作出决定的广播电视行政部门应作出准予行政许可的书面决定。依法作出不予行政许可决定的，应当书面通知申请人并说明理由。
第 十二条 《信息网络传播视听节目许可证》有效期为二年。有效期届满，需继续从事信息网络传播视听节目业务的，应于期满六个月前按本办法规定的审批程序办理续办手续。
第 十三条 获得《信息网络传播视听节目许可证》的机构（以下简称持证机构）应当按照《信息网络传播视听节目许可证》载明的开办主体、业务类别、标识、传播方式、传输网络、传播载体、传播范围、接收终端、节目类别和集成内容等事项从事信息网络传播视听节目业务。
第 十四条 持证机构变更注册资本、股东和持股比例及许可证载明的开办主体、业务类别、标识、传播方式、传播载体、传播范围、接收终端、节目类别和集成内容等事项的，应提前六十日报广电总局批准并办理许可证登载事项变更手续。
第 十五条 持证机构应当在领取《信息网络传播视听节目许可证》九十日内开通业务。如因特殊理由不能如期开通，应经发证机关同意，否则按终止业务处理。
第 十六条 持有《信息网络传播视听节目许可证》的机构需终止业务的，应提前六十日向原发证机关申报，其《信息网络传播视听节目许可证》由原发证机关予以公告注销。
第 十七条 用于通过信息网络向公众传播的新闻类视听节目，限于境内广播电台、电视台、广播电视台以及经批准的新闻网站制作、播放的节目。
第 十八条 通过信息网络传播视听节目，应符合《著作权法》的规定。
第 十九条 禁止通过信息网络传播有以下内容的视听节目：
第 二十条 持证机构应建立健全节目审查、安全播出的管理制度，实行节目总编负责制，配备节目审查员，对其播放的节目内容进行审查。
第 二十一条 信息网络的经营机构不得向未持有《信息网络传播视听节目许可证》的机构提供与传播视听节目业务有关的服务。
第 二十二条 传播视听节目的名称、内容概要、播出时间、时长、来源等信息，持证机构应当至少保留三十日。
第 二十三条 利用信息网络转播视听节目，只能转播广播电台、电视台播出的广播电视节目，不得转播非法开办的广播电视节目，不得转播境外广播电视节目。
第 二十四条 省级以上广播电视行政部门应设立视听节目监控系统、建立公众监督举报制度，加强对信息网络传播视听节目的监督管理。
第 二十五条 违反本办法规定，未经批准，擅自从事信息网络传播视听节目业务的，由县级以上广播电视行政部门予以取缔，可以并处一万元以上三万元以下的罚款；构成犯罪的，依法追究刑事责任。
第 二十六条 违反本办法规定，有下列行为之一的，由县级以上广播电视行政部门责令停止违法活动、给予警告、限期整改，可以并处三万元以下的罚款：构成犯罪的，依法追究刑事责任。
第 二十七条 违反本办法规定，开办机构的法定代表人、节目总编或节目审查员未履行应尽职责，出现三次以上违规内容的，省级以上广播电视行政部门对开办机构予以警告，可以并处一千元以下罚款。
第 二十八条 本办法实施前已领取《网上传播视听节目许可证》的机构，应在本办法实施之日起六个月内按照本办法规定申换许可证。
第 二十九条 本办法自2004年10月11日起施行。广电总局《互联网等信息网络传播视听节目管理办法》（广电总局令第15号）同时废止。