Opinions Concerning Accelerating and Stimulating Comprehensive Culture Market Law Enforcement Reform Work
Notice: date of promulgation not exactly clear
CPD No. 25
I, Deeply understanding the importance of comprehensive culture market law enforcement
(1) Implementing comprehensive law enforcement is a concrete reflection of transforming government functions. Following the incessant perfection of the socialist market economy setup, administrative culture entities must strive to adapt to new circumstances, realistically transform government functions, realize a transformation from organizing culture to managing culture, a transformation from micro-management to macro-management, a transformation from mainly facing directly subordinate undertaking work units to facing the whole of society, reducing micro-level work, reducing administrative examination and approval, reducing direct intervention, and must through realizing comprehensive law enforcement, implement the general and specific Party culture and art policies, realize a separation of the policy formulation function and supervision functions, creating a desirable market environment for the healthy and orderly development of culture undertakings and culture industries.
(2) Realizing comprehensive law enforcement is an urgent need for strengthening market supervision and management. The speedy development of the cultural industries, and especially the exuberant springing up of Internet culture, has smashed the traditional limits between culture creation, production, reproduction, distribution and consumption, the problems in the culture market also often present characteristics crossing sector categories and crossing management departments. Supervision, management and law enforcement organs that used to be set up according to market classification, and old systems set up on the basis of establishing management step over different segments, are less and less able to adapt do the requirements of culture development. Therefore, law enforcement resources must be completely integrated, implementing uniform management and comprehensive law enforcement over the culture market, thereby thoroughly resolving problems in culture market management that have existed for a long time, such as unclear responsibilities, intersecting functions, overlapping law enforcement, etc., providing solid guarantees for the healthy and orderly development of the culture market.
(3) Implementing comprehensive law enforcement is a real requirement for raising law enforcement capacity. At present, the contradictions between onerous supervision and management responsibilities and weak law enforcement capacity, the modernization of the market and traditional supervision and management methods are still utterly prominent. In a number of regions and organs, have not been able to implement staff allocation for a long time, guarantees are lacking for fees and equipment, which has gravely restricted the raising of law enforcement capacity. Therefore, comprehensive law enforcement must be further stimulated, law enforcement forces must be integrated, supervision and management levels must be raised, and law enforcement capacity must be strengthened.
In short, integrating administrative resources, innovating supervision and management mechanisms and implementing unified comprehensive law enforcement over the culture market, are clear requirements of the Centre concerning government organ reform, and are also urgent needs for the incessant development of the culture market itself.
II, Completely implementing the spirit of the “Opinions”, accelerating and stimulating comprehensive law enforcement reform.
The rollout of the “Opinions” symbolizes that comprehensive culture market law enforcement reform has marched from the experimental stage to an overall start, acceleration and stimulation phase. According to the spirit of the “Opinions”, the Ministry of Culture has successively promulgated the “Notice Concerning Guiding Opinions for Strengthening Comprehensive Culture Market Law Enforcement”, the “Notice Concerning Strengthening Comprehensive Culture market Law Enforcement System Setup”, and the “Notice Concerning Uniform Comprehensive Culture Market Law Enforcement Documents”, which clarified the general objectives and work duties for comprehensive law enforcement, and which put forward concrete requirements for comprehensive law enforcement work construction, team construction, system construction as well as technological supervision and management system construction, etc.
(1) Strengthening organizational leadership over reform work. Whether or not comprehensive law enforcement reform work can be smoothly moved forward and reform tasks can be completed, hinges on leadership. All levels’ administrative culture entities and comprehensive law enforcement organs must make moving comprehensive law enforcement reform a “Chief Project”, for which a number one chief is responsible, and grasp doing well the following work tasks: first, timely reporting the spirit of this meeting and work requirements to main Party Committee and government responsible cadres; second, researching the formulation of concrete steps to implement the “Opinions”; third, clarifying concrete work that special organs undertake to move comprehensive law enforcement reform forward; fourth, under the direct guidance of the Party Committee propaganda entities, as soon as possible organizing reform mobilization meetings, fully mustering the vigour of all relevant work units and grass-roots entities, changing “making me change” into “I make change”; fifth, convening reform experience exchange meetings, timely popularizing model experiences and successful methods, bringing about that reform work is completely spread, and moved forward in its entirety.
(2) Accelerating drafting of reform implementation plans. Provincial level administrative culture entities must under the guidance of Party Committee propaganda entities, jointly with relevant entities, learn from the successful methods of regions that already completed reform, draft reform implementation plans, and submit them to Party Committees and governments for policy-making consideration. Implementation plans must integrate all localities’ culture market quantities, population scale and social and economic development levels, determine organs and staff allocation; must according to the requirements of laws, regulations and the “Opinions”, through the methods of authorizing and entrusting, determine comprehensive law enforcement organs’ dominant role in law enforcement; must according to the principles of shifting down the centre of gravity of law enforcement, reasonably divide and define the duties and competences of all levels’ comprehensive law enforcement organs, reduce law enforcement levels, implement localized management. In the process of drafting plans, it is necessary to persist in the principles of openness, fairness and justice, realistically implement and carry out the spirit of the “Opinions”.
(3) Strengthening coordination and cooperation with relevant entities. Comprehensive culture market law enforcement reform is a systemic project, and only by fully coordinating the relationships of all sides, can support of all sides be obtained, and reform force pools formed. All levels’ administrative culture entities, and especially provincial-level administrative culture entities, must first cooperate and coordinate with the staff allocation entities, and scientifically formulate “three quota” plans, and reasonably deploy administrative resources. Second, they must coordinate with finance entities, and bring comprehensive culture market law enforcement fees into the budget of the People’s Government of that level, expand financial input, guarantee law enforcement equipment, perfect law enforcement conditions. Third, they must coordinate with legal system entities, and determine comprehensive law enforcement organs’ law enforcement bases and competence scopes, and announce them according to the law.
(4) Strengthening examination and guidance over reform work. All levels’ administrative culture entities, and especially provincial-level administrative culture entities, must first, under the unified leadership of local Party Committees and governments, under the guidance of the Culture Structural Reform Work Leading Small Group Office, unite with related organs such as staff allocation, finances, legal system, radio and television, press and publications, etc., to organize supervision work groups, and develop supervision guidance. Second, they must strictly according to the requirements of the “Opinions”, formulate concrete supervision guidance rules, make detailed steps and uniform standards, and raise the focalization of supervision guidance. Third, problems arising in supervision and guidance wok, must be dealt with on the basis of category, and effectively resolved.
III, Realistically implementing duties of guiding comprehensive culture market law enforcement, striving to start a new dimension for culture market supervision and management work.
All levels’ aces and comprehensive law enforcement organs must according to their duties and competences, realistically implement and guide comprehensive culture market law enforcement duties, completely strengthen culture market supervision and management. It is necessary to according to the requirements of “unified leadership, unified coordination, unified law enforcement”, establish a set of coordinated and orderly comprehensive law enforcement operation mechanisms, perfect a unified, high-efficiency culture market supervision and management setup, forge a specialized, standardized and informatized comprehensive law enforcement team, incessantly move forward the legalization, scientizing and standardizing of comprehensive law enforcement work.
(1) Establishing coordinated and orderly comprehensive culture market law enforcement operating mechanisms.
First, establishing organizational guarantee mechanisms. It is necessary to regularly report comprehensive law enforcement work trends to the Culture Market Management Work Leading Small Group, strive to obtain that local Party Committees and governments attach great importance to this and support this strongly. Progressively perfecting organizational guarantee structures suited to comprehensive law enforcement organ personnel allocation, duties and competences, providing necessary law enforcement funds and equipment for comprehensive law enforcement work, perfecting law enforcement conditions and remuneration.
Second, establishing coordination and cooperation mechanisms. It is necessary to correctly deal with the relationships between Party Committee propaganda entities, sector controlling authorities, corresponding management entities and comprehensive coordination entities. Perfecting long-term work mechanisms for information reporting, joint conferences, regional cooperation, linking administrative law enforcement and the criminal judiciary, etc., guaranteeing that law enforcement powers obtain full integration.
Third, establishing supervision restriction mechanisms. It is necessary to continue to move forward administrative law enforcement responsibility systems, reasonably divide functions, clarify and define duties, implement management by objectives, strengthen administrative supervision and social supervision over law enforcement work. Linked with this, establishing scientific and reasonable result management, appraisal and assessment, and award and reward systems, bringing about the beneficial development of comprehensive law enforcement teams.
(2) Perfecting unified and high-efficiency culture market supervision structures.
First, establishing and completing legal and regulatory systems. Completely combing out present culture market laws and regulations, and according to the requirement of unified and comprehensive law enforcement, conducting legislation, revision and abolition work, fully achieving the effective linking of relevant laws and regulations.
Second, establishing and completing technological supervision and management structures. According to the principles of “overall planning, implementing in steps, nationwide networking, operation at different levels”, accelerating moving forward of nationwide culture market technological supervision and management platform construction. On this basis, progressively expanding the area, scope and functions of technological supervision and management, realizing the timely, dynamic and remote inspection and control of all culture market categories.
Third, establishing and completing social supervision structures. Perfecting the 12318 nationwide culture market reporting telephone system, as soon as possible realizing coverage of all regions and counties nationwide. Engaging “five seniors” personnel and social volunteers to assume the role of culture market volunteer supervising personnel, perfecting social supervision work mechanisms.
(3) Strengthening comprehensive culture market law enforcement teams’ specialization, standardization and informatization construction.
First, strengthening the specialization construction of comprehensive culture market law enforcement teams. It is necessary to formulate middle and long-term plans for local comprehensive law enforcement teams, clarify objectives, duties and steps on how to move forward comprehensive law enforcement team capacity construction, system construction, equipment construction, image construction and clean government construction. It is necessary to as soon as possible unify the law enforcement symbols, work clothing, law enforcement credentials of comprehensive culture market law enforcement teams nationwide, progressively raise comprehensive law enforcement teams’ specialization levels.
Second, strengthening comprehensive law enforcement teams’ basic construction. It is necessary to unify law enforcement symbols, law enforcement procedures and law enforcement documents. It is necessary to strengthen training work, in batches, by stages and by categories organize training classes, strive to use about three years, to conduct a complete training rotation once for nationwide comprehensive culture market law enforcement personnel, fostering a batch of specialist, composite and innovative professional backbones.
Third, strengthening comprehensive law enforcement teams’ informatization construction. It is necessary to establish comprehensive law enforcement databases, popularize comprehensive law enforcement business systems, accelerate comprehensive law enforcement electronic government services construction, fully utilize modern technology means, to progressively raise the informatization level of comprehensive law enforcement teams.
Comprehensive culture market law enforcement reform tasks are arduous, the mission is glorious. All levels’ administrative culture entities and comprehensive law enforcement organs must determinedly, according to the requirements of the “Opinions”, unrelentingly move forward comprehensive law enforcement reform, realistically take on the duties of safeguarding national cultural security and standardizing culture market order, strive to initiate a new dimension of culture market supervision and management work, making new and even larger contributions to stimulating the grand development and grand flourishing of culture.
一、深刻认识文化市场综合执法的重要意义 （一）实行综合执法是转变政府职能的具体体现。随着社会主义市场经济体制的不断完善，文化行政部门要努力适应新形势，切实转变政府职能，实现由办文化向管文化转变，由微观管理向宏观管理转变，由主要面对直属事业单位向面对全社会转变，减少微观事务、减少行政审批、减少直接干预，必须通过实行综合执法来贯彻执行党的文艺方针政策，实现政策制定职能与监督处罚职能相对分开，为文化事业和文化产业健康有序发展营造良好的市场环境。 （二）实行综合执法是加强市场监管的迫切需要。文化产业的迅速发展，特别是互联网文化的蓬勃兴起，打破了传统的文化创作、生产、复制、发行和消费之间的界限，文化市场中的问题也往往呈现出跨行业门类、跨管理部门的特点。以往按市场类别设置监管执法机构，根据不同环节设定管理措施的旧体制，已越来越无法适应文化发展的要求。为此，必须全面整合执法资源，对文化市场实行统一管理、综合执法，从而彻底解决文化市场管理中长期存在的职责不清、职能交叉、多头执法等问题，为文化市场的健康有序发展提供坚实保障。 （三）实行综合执法是提高执法能力的现实要求。当前，繁重的监管任务与薄弱的执法力量、现代化的市场与传统的监管方式之间的矛盾仍然十分突出。一些地区机构、编制长期无法落实，经费、装备缺乏保障，严重制约了执法能力的提高。为此，必须进一步推进综合执法，整合执法力量，提高监管水平，增强执法能力。 总之，整合行政资源，创新监管机制，实行文化市场统一综合执法，是中央关于政府机构改革的明确要求，也是文化市场自身不断发展的迫切需要。 二、全面贯彻落实《意见》精神，加快推进综合执法改革 《意见》的出台，标志着文化市场综合执法改革从试点阶段迈向全面启动、加快推进阶段。根据《意见》精神，文化部连续下发了《关于加强文化市场综合执法指导工作的通知》、《关于加强文化市场综合执法制度建设的通知》、《关于统一文化市场综合执法文书的通知》，明确了综合执法的总体目标、工作任务，对综合执法业务建设、队伍建设、制度建设以及技术监管体系建设等提出了具体要求。 （一）加强对改革工作的组织领导。综合执法改革工作能否顺利推进，改革任务能否全面完成，关键在领导。各级文化行政部门和综合执法机构要把推进综合执法改革作为“一把手工程”，由一把手总负责，抓紧做好以下几项工作：一是及时向党委、政府主要负责同志汇报本次会议精神和工作要求；二是研究制定当地贯彻落实《意见》的具体措施；三是明确专门机构承担推进综合执法改革的具体工作；四是在党委宣传部门的直接指导下，尽快召开改革动员会，充分调动各有关单位和基层部门的积极性，变“要我改”为“我要改”；五是召开改革经验交流会，及时推广典型经验和成功做法，引导改革工作全面铺开、整体推进。 （二）加快拟定改革实施方案。省级文化行政部门要在党委宣传部门的指导下，会同有关部门，借鉴已完成改革地区的成功做法，拟定改革实施方案，提交党委、政府决策参考。实施方案要结合各地文化市场总量、人口规模和社会经济发展水平，确定机构和编制；要根据法律法规和《意见》要求，通过授权或委托的方式，确定综合执法机构的执法主体地位；要按照执法重心下移的原则，合理划分和界定各级综合执法机构的职责权限，减少执法层次，实行属地管理。在拟定方案的过程中，要坚持公开、公平、公正的原则，切实将《意见》精神贯彻好、落实好。 （三）加强与有关部门的协调配合。文化市场综合执法改革是一项系统工程，只有充分协调各方关系，才能取得各方支持，形成改革合力。各级文化行政部门，特别是省级文化行政部门，一是要协调配合编制部门，科学制定“三定”方案，合理配置行政资源。二是要协调财政部门，把文化市场综合执法经费列入本级人民政府财政预算，加大经费投入，保障执法装备，改善执法条件。三是要协调法制部门，确定综合执法机构的执法依据和职责范围，并依法予以公告。 （四）加强对改革工作的督查指导。各级文化行政部门，特别是省级文化行政部门，一要在当地党委、政府的统一领导下，在文化体制改革工作领导小组办公室的指导下，联合机构编制、财政、法制、广电、新闻出版等相关部门，组成督查工作组，开展督查指导。二是要严格按照《意见》要求，制定具体的督查指导办法，细化措施，统一标准，提高督查指导的针对性。三是对督查指导中发现的问题，要分类处理、有效解决。 三、切实履行指导文化市场综合执法的职责，努力开创文化市场监管工作的新局面 各级文化行政部门和综合执法机构要依照职责权限，切实履行指导文化市场综合执法的职责，全面加强文化市场监管。要按照“统一领导、统一协调、统一执法”的要求，建立一套协调有序的综合执法运行机制，完善一个统一高效的文化市场监管体系，打造一支专业化、规范化、信息化的综合执法队伍，不断推进综合执法工作的法制化、科学化、规范化。 （一）建立协调有序的文化市场综合执法运行机制。 一是建立组织保障机制。要定期向文化市场管理工作领导小组汇报综合执法工作动态，努力争取当地党委、政府的高度重视和大力支持。逐步完善与综合执法机构人员编制、职责权限相适应的组织保障体系，为综合执法工作提供必要的执法经费和装备，改善执法条件和待遇。 二是建立协调配合机制。要正确处理与党委宣传部门、行业主管部门、相关管理部门以及综合协调部门之间的关系。完善信息通报、联席会议、联合执法、区域协作、行政执法与刑事司法相衔接等长效工作机制，确保执法力量得到充分整合。 三是建立监督制约机制。要继续推行行政执法责任制，合理划分职能，明确界定责任，实行目标管理，加强对执法工作的行政监督、社会监督。与此相衔接，建立科学合理的绩效管理、评议考核、表彰奖励制度，引导综合执法队伍实现良性发展。 （二）完善统一高效的文化市场监管体系。 一是建立健全法律法规体系。全面梳理现行文化市场法律法规，对照统一综合执法的要求，进行立、改、废工作，充分做到与相关法律法规的有效衔接。 二是建立健全技术监管体系。按照“总体规划、分步实施、全国联网、分级运营”的原则，加快推进全国文化市场技术监管平台建设。在此基础上，逐步拓展技术监管的领域、范围和功能，实现对各个门类文化市场的实时、动态、远程监控。 三是建立健全社会监督体系。完善12318全国文化市场举报电话系统，尽快实现对全国所有区县的覆盖。聘请“五老”人员、社会志愿者担任文化市场义务监督员，完善社会监督工作机制。 （三）加强文化市场综合执法队伍的专业化、规范化、信息化建设。 一是加强综合执法队伍的专业化建设。要制定本地综合执法队伍建设的中长期规划，明确如何推进综合执法队伍能力建设、制度建设、装备建设、形象建设和廉政建设的目标、任务和措施。要尽快统一全国文化市场综合执法队伍的执法标志、工作服装、执法证件，逐步提高综合执法队伍的专业化水平。 二是加强综合执法队伍的基础性建设。要统一执法标准、执法程序、执法文书。要加强培训工作，分批、分期、分类组织培训班，力争用3年左右的时间，对全国文化市场综合执法人员进行一次全面轮训，培养一批专家型、复合型、创新型业务骨干。 三是加强综合执法队伍的信息化建设。要建立综合执法数据库，推广综合执法办公系统，加快综合执法的电子政务建设，充分运用现代科技手段，逐步提升综合执法队伍的信息化水平。 文化市场综合执法改革任务艰巨，使命光荣。各级文化行政部门和综合执法机构要坚决按照《意见》的要求，不折不扣地推进综合执法改革，切实担负起维护国家文化安全、规范文化市场秩序的职责，努力开创文化市场监管工作的新局面，为促进文化大发展大繁荣作出新的更大贡献。