GF No. (2015)40
All provincial, autonomous region and municipal People’s Governments, all State Council ministries and commissions, all subordinate bodies:
“Internet Plus” is the profound integration of the innovation achievements of the Internet with all areas of the economy and society, it promotes technological progress, efficiency improvement and organizational reform, it enhances innovation and productivity in the real economy and creates new, even broader economic and social development circumstances with the Internet as basic infrastructure and innovation of factors. In a new round of scientific and technological revolution, as well as industrial reform worldwide, the Internet has vast prospects and limitless potential for converged development with all areas, it has already become an unstoppable tide of the times, and is having a strategic and comprehensive influence on the economic and social development of all countries. Vigorously giving rein to the comparative advantages that our country’s Internet has already created, grasping opportunities, strengthening confidence and accelerating the development of “Internet Plus”, will benefit the remoulding of innovation systems, stimulating innovative dynamism, fostering new business models and innovative public service models, and has an important role in the forging of mass entrepreneurship, mass innovation and strengthening the “double engine” of public products and public services, in actively adapting to and guiding the new normal of economic development, shaping new drivers for economic development and realizing the qualitative improvement and efficiency of the Chinese economy.
In recent years, our country has gained positive progress in areas such as Internet technology, industry, applications as well as cross-sectoral convergence, it already possesses a firm basis to accelerate moving forward with the development of “Internet Plus”, but problems also exist, such as the fact that traditional enterprises have insufficient consciousness about and abilities to use the Internet, that Internet enterprises have an insufficiently deep understanding of traditional industries, that the development of new business models faces systemic and mechanistic obstacles, that intersectoral convergence talents are gravely lacking, etc., these urgently need to be resolved. In order to accelerate the promotion of the deep convergence of the Internet and other areas, innovation and development, to fully give rein to the important role of “Internet Plus” in stable growth, stimulating reform, adjusting structures, improving the people’s livelihood and preventing risk, hereby, the following opinions to vigorously move forward the “Internet Plus” programme are put forward.
I, Programme requirements
(1) Overall thinking
Conform with the global “Internet Plus” development trends, fully give rein to the superiority of scale and application of our country’s internet, promote that the Internet expands from the consumption area to the production area, accelerate the enhancement of industrial development levels, strengthen innovation capabilities in all sectors, build new economic and social development superiorities and functions. Persist in reform, innovation and orientation towards market demand, give prominence to the dominant role of enterprises, and forcefully expand the breadth and depth of the Internet’s convergence with all areas of the economy and society. Strive to deepen structural and mechanisms reform, liberate development potential and vitality; strive to improve storage, promote enhancements in economic quality and efficiency, as well as transformation and upgrading; strive to expand quantities, foster new business models, and forge new growth points; strive to innovate government service models, lay a firm basis for the development of the network, create a secure network environment, and increase public service levels.
(2) Basic principles.
Persisting in openness and sharing. Create an open and inclusive development environment, make the Internet into an important platform for production and life factor sharing, optimize resource allocation to the greatest possible extent, accelerate the creation of new economic and social operational models characterized by openness and sharing.
Persisting in converged innovation. Encourage traditional enterprises to establish Internet ways of thinking, and vigorously integrate with “Internet Plus”. Promote that the Internet rapidly permeates into all areas of the economy and society, stimulate innovation through convergence, assemble the innovative power of all kinds of market factors to the greatest possible extent, and promote that converged new industries become new drivers and pillars for economic development.
Persisting in change and transformation. Fully give rein to the platform role of the Internet in stimulating industrial upgrading as well as the deep convergence of informatization and industrialization, guide factors and resources to concentrate in the real economy, promote reform of production methods and development methods. Innovate networked public service models, substantially enhance public service capabilities.
Persisting in pioneering leaps. Consolidate and enhance the development superiorities of our country’s Internet, strengthen forward-looking arrangements in focus areas, take Internet convergence and innovation as breakthrough points, foster and expand new industries, lead a new round of scientific and technological revolution and industrial transformation, realize leapfrogging-style development.
Persisting in security and order. Perfect Internet convergence standards and norms, as well as laws and regulations, strengthen a security consciousness, strengthen security management and protection, guarantee network security. Establish scientific and effective market supervision and management models, stimulate orderly market development, protect public competition, and prevent the creation of sectoral monopolies and market barriers.
(3) Development objectives.
By 2018, the convergence of the Internet and all areas of the economy and society is to be further deepened, Internet-based new business models are to become a driver of economic growth, the role of the Internet in supporting entrepreneurship by the masses and innovation by the masses is to further strengthen, the Internet is to become a major means for providing public services, and a structure for integrated development between the online economy and the real economy is to be established.
– Economic development is to further enhance in quality and grow in efficiency. The Internet is to gain positive effects in stimulating transformation and upgrading in manufacturing, agriculture, energy, environmental protection and other such sectors, labour productivity is to increase further. Internet-based new business models are to emerge incessantly, e-commerce and Internet finance are to develop rapidly, and its stimulating role to economic quality improvement and efficiency enhancement is to become even more prominent.
– Social services are to become more convenient and universal. The application of the Internet in areas of the people’s livelihood including healthcare, education and traffic is to become ever richer, public services are to become more varied, and the online-offline integration is to become closer. Social service resource allocation is to be optimized incessantly, so that the masses receive fairer, more efficient, better quality and more convenient services.
– Basic support is to be further consolidated and improved. Network infrastructure and industrial bases are to be effectively consolidated and strengthened, application support and security guarantee capabilities are to strengthen clearly. The development of fixed broadband networks, next-generation mobile telecommunications networks and next-generation Internet is to accelerate, the Internet of Things, cloud computing and other such novel infrastructure is to become more complete. Man-made artificial intelligence technologies and capabilities for their industrialization are to strengthen clearly.
– The development environment is to be further opened up and made inclusive. All of society is to incessantly deepen its understanding of Internet convergence and innovation, the structural and mechanistic obstacles that converged Internet development faces are to be effectively eliminated, public data resource openness is to be substantively enhanced, corresponding standards, norms, credit systems, laws and regulations are to be progressively perfected.
By 2025, a networked, intelligent, service-oriented and coordinated “Internet Plus” industrial ecology system is to be basically completed, the beginnings of a new “Internet Plus” industry shape are to be formed, and “Internet Plus” is to become an important driving force for economic and social innovation and development
II, Focus activities
(1) “Internet Plus” entrepreneurialism and innovation.
Fully give rein to the innovation driving role of the Internet, promote the collection, openness and sharing of all categories of factors with stimulating start-ups and innovation as focus point, forcefully develop mass creation spaces, open innovation, etc., guide and promote all of society to create a thick atmosphere for mass start-ups and mass innovation, and forge new engines for economic development. (Development and Reform Commission, Ministry of Science and Technology Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security, Ministry of Commerce etc., ere responsible, the first listed is the leading department, similar hereafter)
- Strengthening support for start-ups and innovation. Encourage large-scale Internet enterprises and basic telecommunications enterprises to use their technological superiorities and integrate industrial capabilities, open up platform access, data and information, computing abilities and other such resources to small and micro-enterprises and start-up groups, provide support and services concerning research and development tools, business management, market retail and other such areas, raise the informatization application levels of small and micro enterprises, foster and incubate start-up enterprises with good commercial models. Fully utilize the basic conditions of the Internet, perfect public service platform networks for small and micro enterprises, collect start-up and innovation resources, and provide services that small and micro-enterprises can find, can use, and are guaranteed.
- Vigorously developing mass creation spaces. Fully give rein to the open innovation superiorities of the Internet to muster the forces of all of society, support the development of innovative factories, maker spaces, social laboratories, smart small and micro enterprise start up bases and other such new mass creation spaces. Fully use national indigenous innovation demonstration bases, science and technology corporation incubators, university science and technology parks, concentration areas for trading enterprises, small and micro enterprise start-up demonstration bases and other such existing conditions, build a batch of mass creation spaces through market methods, which integrate innovation with start-ups, online and off-line, incubation and investment, provide low-cost convenient and completely equipped work spaces, network spaces social interaction spaces and resource sharing spaces for entrepreneurs. Implement the “double creation” campaign for emerging industries, establish a batch of “double creation” demonstration bases for emerging industries, and accelerate the development of “Internet Plus” start-up network spaces.
- Developing open innovation. Encourage all kinds of innovation subjects to use the Internet, grasp the orientation of market demand, strengthen innovation resource sharing and cooperation, stimulate the timely transformation of advanced technological and innovation achievements, and build open innovation systems. Promote joint collaboration between all kinds of start-up and innovation support policies and open Internet platforms, and provide green channel services for start-up groups and individual developers. Accelerate the development of the start-up services sector, vigorously popularize crowdsourcing, user-participated design, cloud computing and other such emerging research, development and organizational models, guide the establishment of exchange and collaboration platforms between all walks of society, promote cross-regional and cross-area transmission of technological achievements and coordinated innovation.
(1) “Internet Plus”-coordinated manufacturing.
Promote the convergence of the Internet and the manufacturing sector, , enhance the digitalization, networking and smart levels of the manufacturing sector, strengthen cooperation across industrial chains, develop new coordinated manufacturing models based on the Internet. Move forward with smart manufacturing, large-scale individualized production, networked coordinated manufacturing and service-type manufacturing in focus areas, forge a batch of public networked coordinated manufacturing service platforms, and accelerate the creation of networked industrial ecology systems in the manufacturing systems. (Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, Development and Reform Commission and most to jointly take the lead)
- Forcefully developing smart manufacturing. With smart factories as development direction, launch smart manufacturing trials and demonstrations, accelerate the promotion of applying technologies such as cloud computing, the Internet of Things, smart industrial robots, additive manufacturing, etc., in production processes, move forward with upgrading and making smart production equipment, transforming technological processes and the sharing of basic data. Strive to obtain breakthroughs in core segments such as work control systems, smart sensing components, industrial cloud platforms, operating systems and industrial software, etc., strengthen the exploitation and use of industrial big data, effectively support the smartification of the manufacturing sector, and build open, shared and cooperative smart manufacturing industry ecologies.
- Developing large-scale and individualized production. Support enterprises in using the Internet to collect [information] and link up with individualized user demands, move forward with flexibilization in design, research and development, production, manufacturing and supply chain management, and other such segments, launch innovation of service models and commercial models based on individualized products. Encourage Internet enterprises to integrate market information, excavate segmented market demands and development trends, and provide policymaking support for enterprises to launch individualized production.
- Enhancing network-coordinated manufacturing levels. Encourage backbone enterprises in the manufacturing sector to tighten coordination with all segments of the industry chain through the Internet, stimulate the complete interlinkage of production, quality control and operational management systems, and promote new models such as crowdsourced design, research and development, as well as networked manufacturing. Encourage powerful Internet enterprises to build network-coordinated manufacturing public service platforms, provide cloud manufacturing services to segmented sectors, stimulate the collection and linkage of innovation resources, production capacity and market demand, enhance service capacity for small and mid-size enterprises, accelerate the effective coordination of all of society’s varied manufacturing resources, and raise the industry chain’s capacity for resource integration.
- Accelerate the service-based transformation of the manufacturing sector. Encourage manufacturing enterprises to use technologies such as the Internet of Things, cloud computing, big data, etc., to integrate product whole-lifespan data, create policymaking and service information aimed at the entire process of production organization, and provide data support for product optimization and upgrading. Encourage enterprises to launch Internet-based accident warning, long-term maintenance, quality diagnosis, long-distance process optimization and other such online value added services, expand the product value space, and realize a transformation and upgrading from manufacturing to “manufacturing + services”.
(3) Modern “Internet Plus” agriculture.
Use the Internet to enhance agricultural production, operations, management and service levels, foster a batch of networked, smart and detailed modern new models for ecological “breed cultivation plus” agriculture, create demonstration and driving effects, accelerate the perfection of new kinds of agricultural production and operations systems, foster varied agricultural Internet management service models, progressively establish tracing systems for the quality and security of agricultural by-products and agricultural production factors, stimulate a clear upgrade in the modernization levels of agriculture. (Ministry of Agriculture, Development and Reform Commission, Ministry of Science and Technology Ministry of Commerce, Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine, Food and Drug Supervision Administration, Forestry Administration, etc., are responsible)
- Building new kinds of agricultural production and operations systems. Encourage Internet enterprises to build agricultural service platforms, support specialized bug businesses, household farms, peasant cooperatives, agricultural industry leading enterprises and other such new kinds of agricultural production and operations subject to strengthen the linkage between production and sales, and to realize a transformation of agricultural production from production-oriented to consumption-oriented. Raise the scientization, organization and detailing levels of agricultural production and operations, move forward with agricultural production flow and sales method reform as well as a transformation of agricultural development methods, enhance agricultural production efficiency and value-added space. Standardize and use well rural land transfer public service platforms, enhance the transparency of land transfers, and guarantee peasants’ rights.
- Developing detailed production methods. Popularize mature and reproducible agricultural Internet of Things application models. In areas and regions with a relatively good basis, popularize networked agricultural and environmental monitoring systems based on environmental sensing, real-time monitoring and automatic control. In agricultural staple production regions, build agricultural Internet of Things monitoring systems integrating celestial and terrestrial elements, adopt smart water savings and irrigation, land monitoring and fertilization, farm machine-oriented cultivation and other detailed methods. In standardized poultry breeding bases and healthy aquaculture breeding demonstration bases, promote the application, popularization and interconnection of accurate feeding input, automatic disease diagnosis, automatic waste collection and other smart equipment.
- Enhancing networked service levels. Deeply move forward with trials concerning information entering into villages and households, encourage the provision of production and life information services concerning policies, markets, science and technology, guarantees, etc., to peasants through the Internet. Support Internet enterprises to collaborate with agricultural production and operations subjects, comprehensively use big data, cloud computing and other such technologies to establish agricultural information monitoring systems, provide services for early warning concerning disasters, arable land quality monitoring, major fauna and flora illnesses, market fluctuation forecasting, scientific operations policymaking, etc.
- Perfecting quality and safety tracing systems for agricultural by-products. Fully use existing Internet resources to build public service platforms for quality and safety tracing of agricultural by-products, move forward with the construction of rules and standards, establish linked mechanisms for permission to leave the location of production and for access to the market. Support new kinds of agricultural production and operations subjects to use Internet technology to conduct detailed and informatized management of production and operations processes, accelerate the promotion of applying information technologies such as mobile Internet, the Internet of Things, QR codes, RFID, etc., in production, processing, distribution and sales, strengthen the interlinkage of upstream and downstream tracing systems as well as information interconnection and sharing, incessantly broaden the coverage of tracing systems, ensure that the entire process of agricultural by-products “from field to table” becomes traceable, and ensure that “there is safety on the top of the tongue”.
(4) Smart “Internet Plus” energy.
Stimulate the flattening of energy systems through the Internet, move forward with a paradigmatic revolution in energy production and consumption, raise the usage efficiency of energy, and promote energy savings. Strengthen the construction of distributed energy networks, raise the proportion of renewable energies, and stimulate the optimization of energy usage structures. Accelerate the transformation of electricity generation facilities, electricity usage facilities and the intelligence of electricity networks, raise the security, stability and reliability of electrical power systems. (Ministry of Energy, Development and Reform Commission, Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, etc., are responsible)
- Moving forward with making energy production intelligent. Establish public service networks to monitor, manage and control information concerning the production and usage of energy, strengthen the information linkages of upstream and downstream enterprises in the energy industry chain and the intelligence of production and consumption, support the coordinated operation of electricity plants and electricity networks, stimulate coordinated energy production between non-fossil energy and fossil energy. Encourage energy enterprises to use big data technologies to conduct analysis, excavation and monitoring of data concerning the state of facilities, energy loads, etc., launch precise control, breakdown assessment and predictive maintenance, and raise the usage efficiency, safety and stability levels of energy.
- Building distributed energy networks. Establish and energy Internet with coordinated complementarity between many forms of energy with renewable energy at the core. Make breakthroughs in key technologies such as distributed electricity production, energy storage, smart micro-networks, active distribution networks, etc., build smart electricity usage monitoring and management technology platforms, ensure that electrical facilities and electricity-using terminals can conduct Internet-based bidirectional communication and smart coordination, realize the timely and effective access of distributed energy sources, and progressively build open and shared energy networks.
- Exploring new models for energy consumption. Launch regional trials for green electricity trading services, move forward with using smart electricity grids as distribution platforms, use e-commerce as trading platforms, converge energy storage facilities, the Internet of Things, smart electricity use equipment and other such hardware as well as carbon trading, Internet finance and other derivative services to serve the development of green energy networks, realize point-to-point green energy trading and real-time distribution and subsidy computing. Further strengthen the coordination and matching of energy production and consumption, move forward with the application of electric vehicles, port electricity and other such electric replacement technologies, expand management of the demand side of electricity, and raise the usage efficiency of energy. Based on distributed energy networks, develop user terminal intelligence functions, an energy sharing economy and free energy trading, stimulate the construction of an energy consumption ecology and system.
- Developing energy grid-based telecommunications equipment and new kinds of businesses. Move forward with the project to extent electricity glass fibre into households, perfect energy Internet information telecommunications systems. Comprehensively deploy basic network facilities with convergence between electricity networks and telecommunications networks, realize same-cable transmission, joint construction and sharing, and avoid duplicate construction. Encourage new businesses that rely on smart electricity networks and develop household energy management, etc.
(5) Universal “Internet Plus” finance.
Stimulate the healthy development of Internet finance, comprehensively enhance Internet finance service capabilities and universality levels, encourage the converged innovation of the Internet with banks, securities, insurance, and funds, provide rich, safe and convenient financial products and services to the masses, even better satisfy the investment needs of entities at different levels, and foster a batch of innovative Internet finance enterprises with influence in the sector. (People’s Bank, Banking Supervision Commission, Securities Supervision Commission, Insurance Supervision Commission, Development and Reform Commission, Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, Cyberspace Administration, etc., are responsible)
- Exploring moving forward with the construction of Internet finance cloud service platforms. Explore that Internet enterprises build Internet finance cloud service platforms. Support financial enterprises and cloud computing technology providers to cooperate in the launch of public financial cloud services on the basis of guaranteeing technical maturity and professional security, provide diversified, individualized and detailed financial products. Support banking, securities and insurance enterprises to steadily implement systemic framework transformation, encourage the exploration of using cloud service platforms to launch key financial activities, and provide public services based on cloud finance service platforms concerning credit, authentication, interfacing, etc.
- Encouraging financial bodies to use the Internet to broaden service coverage. Encourage various financial organs to use cloud computing, mobile Internet, big data and other such technological methods to accelerate financial product and service innovation, provide convenient lending, payment and settlement, credit intermediary platform and other such financial services in broader regions, broaden the scope of universal financial services, and provide effective support for the development of the real economy. Support financial bodies and Internet enterprises to launch online lending, online securities, online insurance, Internet-based selling and other such activities according to the law and in conformity with regulations. Broaden trials concerning specialized Internet insurance companies, fully give rein to the roles of the insurance sector in preventing risks in Internet finance. Promote the complete application of integrated circuit cards, and enhance the usage rate and convenience of e-cash. Give rein to the role of mobile financial security trustworthiness public service platforms, vigorously promote that commercial banks launch innovative applications of mobile finance, stimulate the upscaled application of mobile finance in e-commerce, public services and other such areas. Support the banking sector and financial bodies to draw support from Internet technology to develop consumer credit activities, and support financial lending companies to use Internet technologies to launch financial lending activities.
- Vigorously expanding the depth and breadth of Internet finance service innovation. Encourage Internet enterprises to provide innovative financial products and services according to the law and in conformity with regulations, even better satisfy the investment demands of small, mid-size and micro-enterprises, innovative enterprises and individuals. Standardize the development of online lending and Internet consumer credit activities, and explore the innovation of Internet finance services. Vigorously guide risk investment funds, private equity investment funds and industrial investment funds to invest in Internet finance enterprises. Use big data to develop marketized individual credit information activities, accelerate the construction of online credit information and credit evaluation systems. Strengthen consumer rights protection and investor protection in Internet finance, build diversified financial consumption dispute settlement mechanisms. Enhance and perfect Internet finance supervision and management, raise the security of finance services, effectively prevent Internet finance risks and external effects.
(6) “Internet Plus” public welfare services.
Fully give rein to the superiority of the Internet in terms of efficiency and convenience, to raise the usage rate of resources and reduce the consumption costs of services. Forcefully develop emerging forms of consumption with the Internet as carrier and mutual stimulation between the online and offline environment, accelerate the development of Internet-based emerging services in healthcare, care for the elderly, education, tourism, social security, etc., innovate governmental service models, and increase government’s scientific policymaking capabilities and management levels. (Development and Reform Commission, Ministry of Education Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, Ministry of Commerce, Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security, Ministry of Commerce, Health and Family Planning Commission, Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine, Food and Drug Supervision Administration, Forestry Administration, Tourism Administration, Cyberspace Administration, Letters and Visits Bureau, etc., are responsible)
- Innovating networked government management and services. Accelerate the profound convergence of the Internet with governmental public service systems, promote the openness of public data resources, stimulate innovative public service provision and service resource integration, and build integrated online public service systems aimed at the masses. Vigorously explore new networked social management service models with mass participation, fully utilize Internet and mobile Internet application platforms to accelerate the development and construction of governmental new media, strengthen communication and exchange between government and the people, raise the response speed of governmental public management, public services and public policy formulation, enhance the government’s scientific policymaking capability and social governance levels, stimulate the transformation of governmental functions, administrative streamlining and decentralization of powers. Deeply move forward with online letters and visits, raise the quality, efficiency and credibility of letters and visits work. Encourage governments and internet enterprises to collaborate in establishing credit information sharing platforms, explore the launch of a batch of Internet social management application trials, break open data barriers between government departments as well as enterprise and undertaking work units, use big data analysis methods to enhance the social governance ability of all levels’ governments. Strengthen propaganda of the “Internet Plus” plan, and raise the extent of mass participation.
- Developing new business models for convenient services for the people. Develop a learning economy, support brick-and-mortar retailers to comprehensively use online stores, mobile payment, smart clothes fitting and other such new technologies to forge learning shopping models. Develop community economies, foster new community service models integrating online and offline in areas such as food and drink, entertainment, home management, etc. Develop the sharing economy, standardize the development of online taxi booking, vigorously popularize online home rentals and other such new business models, strive to break through bottlenecks and constraints such as high access barriers, difficult service standardization, a lack of individual credit information, etc. Develop Internet-based culture, media, tourism and other such services, foster emerging business models in many forms. Vigorously popularize mobile Internet access-based urban services, launch online social security transaction, individual social security rights inquiry, cross-regional medical coverage settlements and other such Internet applications, and let the common people enjoy convenient and efficient services from their own homes.
- Popularize online new online healthcare and medicine models. Develop Internet-based healthcare and medicine services, support third-party bodies in constructing healthcare information sharing platforms for medical images, health files, examination reports, electronic case histories, etc., progressively establish cross-hospital healthcare data and exchange standard systems. Vigorously us mobile Internet to provide online diagnosis and treatment appointments, appointment reminders, prescription fulfilment, diagnosis and treatment report inquiry, drug supply and other convenient services. Guide healthcare bodies in launching long-distance healthcare services such as grass-roots examination and higher-level diagnosis aimed at small and mid-size cities and rural regions. Encourage Internet enterprises to collaborate with healthcare bodies in establishing online healthcare information platforms, strengthen regional healthcare and medicine services resource integration, fully use Internet, big data and other such methods to raise capacity to control major illnesses and sudden public health incidents. Vigorously explore the application of online healthcare and medicine services such as the online extension of doctors’ orders, electronic prescriptions, etc. Encourage medical inspection bodies and healthcare service bodies meeting qualifications to develop genetic monitoring, genetic prevention and other such health services jointly with Internet enterprises.
- Stimulating the development of the smart health and elder care industry. Support the innovation and application of smart health products, popularize new methods for the comprehensive quantification of healthy lives. Encourage health service bodies to use cloud computing, big data and other such technologies to build public information platforms, provide long-term tracking, forecasting and early warning, and other such individualized health management services. Develop third-party online health market surveys, consultancy and evaluation, prevention, management and other such applications and services, and enhance levels of operational scale and specialization. Rely on existing Internet resources and social forces to build elder care information service network platforms with communities at the basis, provide domestic elder care services such as nursing, health management, recovery and care, etc. Encourage elder care service bodies to use mobile Internet-based convenient examination, emergency call-out and other such facilities, and raise the service levels of elder care.
- Exploring new educational service provision methods. Encourage Internet enterprises to launch digital education resources with social education bodies on the basis of market demand, and provide networked education services. Encourage schools to use digital education resources and education service platforms, progressively explore new networked education models, broaden the coverage of excellent educational resources, and stimulate educational fairness. Encourage schools to link up online and offline education resources through collaboration with Internet enterprises and other such methods, encourage basic education, professional education and other such public education services to provide new methods. Promote the launch of degree education and online course resource sharing, popularize massive online open courses and other such online study models, explore the establishment of online education study credit recognition and credit transfer rules, and accelerate the promotion of service model reform in higher education.
(7) High-efficiency “Internet Plus” logistics.
Accelerate the construction of cross-sectoral and cross-regional logistics information service platforms, and raise the connectivity and usage rate of logistics supply and demand information. Encourage the application of big data and cloud computing in the area of logistics, build smart storage systems, optimize logistics operational workflows, enhance the automatization, smartness levels and operational efficiency of logistics and storage, and reduce logistics costs. (Development and Reform Commission, Ministry of Commerce, Ministry of Traffic and Transportation, Cyberspace Administration, etc., are responsible)
- Build logistics information sharing and connection systems. Give rein to the information collection advantages of the Internet to integrate all kinds of logistics information resources, encourage backbone logistics enterprises and third-party bodies to build logistics information service platforms aimed at society, integrate storage, transportation and delivery information, launch door-to-door logistics monitoring and warning efforts, raise the security, environmental friendliness and sincerity levels of logistics, comprehensively optimize the allocation of social logistics resources. Build information exchange networks that connect provinces, reach down into towns and counties, and link to rural villages, establish all kinds of linkage mechanisms for data that may be opened up, accelerate the perfection of logistics information exchange openness standard systems, and stimulate the full sharing, interconnection and exchange of logistics information on an even broader scale.
- Establish deep sensing and smart storage systems. Vigorously popularize the use of QR codes, RFID identification and other such Internet of Things sensing technologies and big data technologies in storage units at all levels, realize real-time tracking, networked management as well as a high degree of storage information sharing concerning storage facilities and inventory, and raise the efficiency of goods distribution. Encourage the application of smart logistics equipment to enhance the efficiency of storage, transportation, sorting, packaging and other such activities, raise the delivery and handling capacity of all kinds of complex order processes, mitigate commodity hoarding, stagnation, bottlenecks and constraints, and enhance storage, transportation and management levels and efficiency.
- Perfect smart logistics and delivery allocation systems. Accelerate the information interconnection of freight transporting networks and logistics parks, storage facilities, delivery hubs, etc., stimulate the efficient matching of information concerning personnel, goods supplies, vehicle supplies, etc., efficiently reduce vehicle emptiness rates, and raise the efficiency of delivery. Encourage the development of self-service delivery boxes in communities, cold chain preservation boxes, collection service points and other such new communitized distribution models, integrate the construction of logistics information connection networks, accelerate the construction of logistics and distribution networks that reach into counties and villages, as well as village-level delivery points, and resolve the “last kilometre” problems of logistics and delivery.
(8) “Internet Plus” e-commerce.
Consolidate and strengthen the leading advantages of our country’s e-commerce development, forcefully develop rural e-commerce, sectoral e-commerce and cross-border e-commerce, further broaden the development space for e-commerce. The convergence between e-commerce and other sectors is to deepen incessantly, networked production, distribution and consumption is to become ever more widespread, standards, norms, public service and other such supporting environments are to be basically completed. (Development and Reform Commission, Ministry of Science and Technology Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, Ministry of Traffic and Transportation, Ministry of Agriculture, General Administration of Customs, General Administration of Taxation, Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine, Cyberspace Administration, etc., are responsible)
- Vigorously develop rural e-commerce. Launch comprehensive demonstrations of e-commerce entering into the countryside, support new agricultural business subjects, agricultural product and agricultural wholesale markets in linking up with e-commerce platforms, vigorously develop models where production is planned according to sales. Perfect rural e-commerce distribution and comprehensive service networks, strive to resolve key issues such as the standardization of agricultural by-products, the standardization of logistics, cold chain storage construction, etc., and develop individualized agricultural production services. Launch e-commerce trials for fresh agricultural produce and agricultural production materials, and stimulate the development of e-commerce for staple agricultural products.
- Forcefully developing sectoral e-commerce. Encourage enterprises in sectors such as energy, chemistry, iron and steel, electronics, light industry, etc., to vigorously use e-commerce platforms to optimize procurement and retail systems, enhancing enterprises’ operational efficiency. Promote the online transformation of all kinds of specialist markets, guide traditional trading flow enterprises to integrate resources with e-commerce enterprises, and vigorously transform this into coordinated supply chain platforms. Encourage production and manufacturing enterprises to move towards individualization and custom-made consumption demand, and deepen the application of e-commerce , support equipment manufacturing enterprises to use e-commerce platforms to launch converged rental services, encourage small, mid-size and micro-enterprises to broaden the application of e-commerce. Forcefully broaden e-commerce tendering and bidding according to the orientation of marketization and specialization.
- Promoting the innovation of e-commerce applications. Encourage enterprises to use e-commerce platforms’ big data resources to enhance enterprises’ capabilities for detailed operations and simulate market consumption demand. Establish e-commerce product quality tracing mechanisms, establish e-commerce after-sales service quality supervision cloud platforms, perfect Internet quality information public service systems, resolve the problems that consumer rights defence is difficult, returning goods is difficult and tracing product liability is difficult. Strengthen the construction of Internet food and drug market supervision and management systems, vigorously explore the innovation of e-commerce sales, supervision and management systems for prescription drugs. Encourage enterprises to use mobile social media, new media and other such new channels, develop social e-commerce, a “fans” economy and other such new network business models.
- Strengthening international cooperation in e-commerce. Encourage the development of all kinds of cross-border e-commerce services, perfect cross-modal logistics systems, and expand global trading cooperation. Move forward with the construction of single-window comprehensive service systems in e-commerce customs clearance, inspection and quarantine, account settlement and other such key segments. Innovate cross-border rights protection mechanisms, use satisfactory assessment methods, and move mutual international recognition forward. Innovate cross-border e-commerce management, stimulate the openness of information networks, convenient cross-border logistics, the removal of obstacles for payment and settlement, convenient tax standards, and mutual recognition and interconnection of market and trading rules.
(9) Convenient “Internet Plus” transportation.
Accelerate the profound convergence of the Internet with the area of traffic and transportation, move forward with the development of convenient traffic and transportation services based on Internet platforms through the networking of infrastructure, transportation tools and operational information, clearly raise the usage rates and level of management detail of traffic and transportation resources, comprehensively enhance the service quality of traffic and transportation services and scientific governance capabilities. (Development and Reform Commission and Ministry of Traffic and Transportation to take the lead)
- Enhancing the quality of traffic and transportation services. Promote the openness to society of service-related data of traffic and transportation management departments and enterprises, encourage that Internet platforms provide real-time traffic situation inquiry, travel planning, online ticket purchasing, smart parking and other such services, and move forward with Internet-based platforms for linking many kinds of information services concerning different travel methods and providing one-stop services. Accelerate the perfection of the construction of information service platforms for car health files, maintenance, diagnosis and service quality.
- Moving forward with the online integration of traffic and transportation resources. Use the Internet of Things, mobile Internet and other such technologies to further strengthen the collection of information concerning the operational state and usage of roads, railways, civil aviation, ports and other such key facilities in traffic and transportation networks. Promote cross-regional and cross-category traffic and transportation information interconnection, broaden the application of the Internet of Boats, the Internet of Cars and other such smart technologies, shape ever more perfect traffic and transportation sensor systems, raise the online levels of infrastructure, transportation tools, usage information and other such factors and resources, comprehensively support the intelligentification of accident warning, operational safeguards and dispatching.
- Strengthening scientific governing capacity of traffic and transportation. Strengthen traffic and transportation information sharing, use big data platforms to excavate and analyse the laws of population migration, the masses’ travel demands, the scale of key passenger flows, the characteristics of vehicle and shipping travel, etc., and provide support for the optimization of traffic and transportation facility planning and construction, safe operational control, traffic and transportation management and policymaking. Use the Internet to strengthen smart supervision and management of unlawful traffic and transportation activities, and incessantly raise governing capacity concerning traffic and transportation.
(10) The green “Internet Plus” ecology.
Promote the deep convergence of the Internet and ecological civilization construction, perfect pollutant monitoring and information distribution systems, shape dynamic resource and environment burden monitoring networks that cover major ecological factors, realize the interconnection, openness and sharing of ecological and environmental data. Fully give rein to the role of the Internet as a platform in remoulding the materials recycling system, stimulate the convenience, interactivity and transparency of renewable resource trading and use, and stimulate the greening of ways of production and life. (Development and Reform Commission, Ministry of Environmental Protection, Ministry of Commerce, Forestry Administration, etc., are responsible)
- Strengthening dynamic monitoring of resources and the environment. Fully use multi-dimensional geographic information systems, smart maps and other technologies with a focus on energy, mineral resources, water, air, forests, grasslands, wetlands, oceans and all other ecological factors, integrate this with Internet big data analysis, optimize the distribution of monitoring stations, broaden the scope of dynamic supervision and control, build three-dimensional supervision and control systems for resource and environmental burdening. Rely on existing Internet and cloud computing platforms, progressively realize the interconnection and sharing of dynamic resource and environmental monitoring information at all levels of government. Strengthen online monitoring and big data analysis of the energy consumption of focus energy using work units.
- Forcefully developing smart environmental protection. Use smart monitoring equipment and the mobile Internet to perfect online monitoring systems for pollutant emissions, expand the categories of monitored pollutants, broaden the scope of monitoring, and shape all-weather, multi-level smart and multi-sourced sensor systems. Establish environmental information data sharing mechanisms, unify data exchange standards, move forward with the openness of information concerning regional pollutant emissions, the quality of the air environment, the quality of the water environment, etc., and ensure that this can be consulted by the public online, and can be delivered in a tailor-made fashion through the Internet. Strengthen the collection and arrangement of enterprises’ environmental protection credit data, bring enterprises’ environmental protection credit data onto the national uniform credit information sharing and exchange platform. Perfect environmental warning and risk monitoring information networks, enhance focus risk prevention levels concerning heavy metals, dangerous refuse, dangerous chemicals and other such focus points, and emergency response processing capabilities.
- Perfecting systems for the recycling and use of rejected resources. Use the Internet of Things and big data to launch information collection, data analysis and directed monitoring, optimize the distribution of reverse material flow network nodes. Support the use of electronic tags, QR codes and other such Internet of Things technologies to track the flow of e-waste, encourage Internet enterprises to participate in the construction of urban waste recycling platforms, and innovate recycling models for reusable resources. Accelerate moving forward with the standardization and interconnection of car insurance information systems, “replacing the old” management systems and retired car reporting and management systems, strengthen information management concerning the recycling and use of retired cars and spare parts, and provide data support for Internet enterprises to launch business innovation and services for the people.
- Establishing online trading system for waste. Encourage Internet enterprises to vigorously participate in the construction of all kinds of refuse information platforms for industrial parks, promote existing backbone renewable resource trading platforms to transform by integrating online and offline activities, progressively shape sectoral, regional, and national online industrial waste product and renewable resource trading platforms, perfect online credit appraisal and supply chain financing systems, launch online price competition, publish pricing and trading indicators, raise stable supply capabilities, and strengthen pricing power for the main kinds of renewable resources.
(11) “Internet Plus” artificial intelligence.
Rely on Internet platforms to provide public artificial intelligence innovation services, accelerate core technological breakthroughs in artificial intelligence, stimulate the broad application of artificial intelligence in areas such as smart homeware, smart terminals, smart cares, robots, etc., foster some backbone enterprises and innovation teams that are leading the global development of artificial intelligence, shape industrial ecologies that are innovative and dynamic, open and collaborative, with coordinated development. (Development and Reform Commission, Ministry of Science and Technology Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, Cyberspace Administration, etc., are responsible)
- Fostering and developing emerging artificial intelligence industries. Build new computing collectives to support extra-large scale deep learning, build large amounts of training databases including music, images, audiovisuals, maps, etc., strengthen the construction of innovative platforms for basic artificial intelligence resources and public services, etc. Further move forward with research, development and industrialization of computer visual sensing, smart speech processing, recognition of biological characteristics, natural language comprehension, smart policymaking control as well as new forms of human-machine interaction and other such key technologies, promote the use at commercial scale of artificial intelligence in smart products, industrial manufacturing, etc., and enhance a strong basis for the intelligentification of industry.
- Moving forward smart product innovation in focus areas. Encourage traditional homeware enterprises to launch integrated innovation with Internet enterprises, incessantly enhance the intelligence levels and service capabilities of homeware, create new consumption market spaces. Promote that automotive enterprises and Internet enterprises establish intersectional innovation platforms, accelerate research, development and application of smart driving assistance, complex environmental sensing, smart in-car equipment and other such technological products. Support security protection enterprises to launch cooperation with Internet enterprises to develop and popularize accurate image recognition and other such big data analysis technologies, and enhance the intelligence and service levels of security protection products.
- Enhancing the intelligence levels of terminal products. Strive to expand the market scale of high-end mobile smart terminal products and services, and raise research, development and industrialization capabilities of key smart mobile terminal technologies. Encourage enterprises to vigorously launch diversified divide market demand analysis, forcefully enrich application services of wearable equipment, and enhance user experience. Promote the profound application of Internet technologies as well as smart sensing, pattern recognition, smart analysis, smart control and other such smart technologies in the area of robotics, forcefully enhance the functions and intelligence levels of robot products in terms of sensing, interaction, control and other such areas, and raise core competitiveness.
III, Guarantees and support
(1) Laying a basis for development.
- Consolidating a network basis. Accelerate the implementation of the “Broadband China” strategy, organize and implement the national new-generation information infrastructure construction projects, move forward with transforming broadband networks into fibre optics, accelerate the improvement of mobile telecommunications networks’ service capacity, stimulate interconnection between networks, substantially increase the speed of network inquiries, effectively reduce network costs, perfect universal telecommunications services compensation mechanisms, support broadband construction, operations and maintenance in rural and distant regions, ensure that the Internet dissolves into something that can be used in every sector, every area and every region, and into an infrastructure connecting people, machines and objects. Strengthen the worldwide service capabilities of the Beidou satellites, build an Internet integrating terrestrial and celestial elements. Accelerate the commercial deployment of the next-generation Internet, strengthen IPv6 address management, signal management and analysis, build future network innovation trial platforms. Research industrial Internet network structures and systems, build open national innovation trial and verification platforms. (Development and Reform Commission, Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, Ministry of Finance, State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission, Cyberspace Administration, etc., are responsible)
- Strengthening the basis for application. Adapt to the needs of convergence, innovation and development in focus sectors, focus wireless sensitive networks, sectoral clouds, big data platforms and other such new application infrastructure. Implement cloud computing projects, forcefully enhance public cloud service capacities, guide sectoral informatization applications to migrate towards cloud computing platforms, accelerate the construction of content distribution networks, optimize the distribution of data centres. Strengthen research on a network structure for the Internet of Things, organize the launch of major national Internet of Things application demonstrations, and encourage enterprises meeting conditions to build cross-sectoral Internet of Things operations and support platforms. (Development and Reform Commission, Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, etc., are responsible)
- Creating a real industrial basis. Strive to make breakthroughs in technological bottlenecks and weak industrial segments such as core chips, high-end servers, high-end storage equipment, data bases, middleware, etc., accelerate research, development and application of cloud operating systems, real-time industrial control operating systems and smart terminal operating systems. Forcefully develop policymaking plans for cloud computing and big data, as well as for basic software and hardware products such as high-end servers, industrial control systems, human-machine interaction, etc. Use Internet ideas to build technological and industrial communities with backbone enterprises at the core, and a highly efficient integration of industry, education, research and application, and forge internationally advanced, indigenous and controllable industrial systems. (Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, Development and Reform Commission, Ministry of Science and Technology Cyberspace Administration, etc., are responsible)
- Guarantee a basis for security. Formulate national key technology and equipment development timeframes and roadmaps for the information area, enhance capabilities to securely manage the Internet, for dynamic sensing and risk prevention, strengthen security protection of basic information network infrastructure and of users’ personal information. Implement national information security projects, launch cybersecurity application demonstrations, and raise the quality of key “Internet Plus” security technologies and products. According to the demands of graded information security protection and national cybersecurity standards, strengthen security guarantees for major information systems in key “Internet Plus” areas. Build and perfect systems for cybersecurity monitoring and evaluation, supervision and management, standardization and authentication, as well as innovation capacity. Focus on the security risks brought about by convergence, perfect security management and technology measures for network data sharing and use, etc. explore the establishment of data security flow authentication systems based on administrative appraisal and third-party evaluation, perfect cross-border data flow management rules, and ensure data security. (Cyberspace Administration, Development and Reform Commission, Ministry of Science and Technology Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, Public Security Bureau, Ministry of State Security, Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine, etc., are responsible)
(2) Strengthening innovative drivers.
- Strengthening the construction of innovation capabilities. Encourage the construction of corporate innovation networks or industrial technology innovation alliances for “Internet Plus” with enterprises at the centre, and with cooperation between industry, education and research. Support the construction of cross-border, interdisciplinary innovation platforms with key enterprises at the core, and progressively create innovation networks. Encourage the national innovation platform to open up towards online openness of enterprises, and especially small and mid-size enterprises, expand the networked openness of major national scientific research infrastructure and large-scape scientific research instruments. (Development and Reform Commission, Ministry of Science and Technology Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, Cyberspace Administration, etc., are responsible)
- Accelerating the formulation of convergence standards. Guide the research, formulation and popularization of basic common standards and key technological standards in areas such as the Industrial Internet, smart networks, smart cities, etc. Accelerate standardization work in fragmented areas such as industrial control systems with applications converging with the Internet, smart specialized equipment, smart metres, smart homeware, the Internet of Cars, etc. Incessantly perfect “Internet Plus” convergence standards systems, simultaneously move forward with international and domestic standardization work, strengthen our discourse power in international organizations such as the ISO, IEC, ITU, etc. (Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine, Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, Cyberspace Administration, Energy Administration, etc. are responsible)
- Strengthening the intellectual property rights strategy. Strengthen patent navigation guidance concerning key segments in areas of convergence, guide enterprises to strengthen their strategic intellectual property rights reserves and dispositions. Accelerate moving forward with basic patent information resource openness and sharing, support the construction of online intellectual property rights service platforms, encourage service model innovation, enhance the added value of intellectual property rights services, support small, mid-size and micro-enterprises in creating and using intellectual property rights. Strengthen online intellectual property rights and patent law enforcement and rights defence work, strictly attack all kinds of online infringement and counterfeiting activities. Strengthen the online intellectual property rights protection consciousness of all of society, promote the establishment of “Internet Plus” intellectual property rights protection alliances, and expand protection of the innovative achievements of new business modes, new models, etc. (Intellectual Property Rights Office to take the lead)
- Forcefully develop open-source communities. Encourage enterprises engaging in indigenous research and development and national science and technology plans (funds, earmarks, etc.) to support that software achievements they create are made open-source to society through the Internet. Guide educational bodies, social organizations, enterprises and individuals to launch open-source projects, vigorously participate in international open-source projects, and support building open-source communities and open-source funds. Encourage enterprises to rely on Internet open-source models in building new business models, stimulate the linkage and cooperation among Internet open-source communities and standards bodies, intellectual property rights bodies, etc. (Ministry of Science and Technology Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine, Intellectual Property Rights Office, etc., are responsible)
(3) Building a comfortable environment.
- Building an open and inclusive environment. Implement the “CCP Central Committee and State Council Some Opinions concerning Deepening Structural and Mechanism Reform and Accelerating the Implementation of the Innovation Driving Development Strategy”, relax market access limits for converged products and services formulate and implement negative lists for Internet access in all areas, permit all kinds of subjects to enter into areas that haven’t been listed on the negative list equally and according to the law. Eliminate sectoral barriers, promote the full linkage of all sectors and all areas in areas including technology, standards, supervision and management, etc., reduce preliminarily access barriers to the greatest extent, and strengthen supervision and management during and after activities. Continue to deepen telecommunications structural reform, open up the telecommunications market in an orderly manner, and accelerate popular capital to enter into basic telecommunications business. Accelerate the deepening of commercial regulatory reform, and move forward with making investment and trade more convenient. (Development and Reform Commission, Cyberspace Administration, Ministry of Education Ministry of Science and Technology Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, Ministry of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce, National Health and Family Planning Commission, State Administration of Industry and Commerce, Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine, etc., are responsible)
- Perfecting credit support systems. Accelerate the construction of social credit information systems, move forward with the seamless linkage of all kinds of credit information platforms, and break through information islands. Strengthen the online disclosure and sharing of information concerning credit records, risk warnings, unlawful and untrustworthy acts, etc., and provide credit information consulting, and online corporate identity verification services to businesses. Fully utilize the credit data accumulated on the Internet, to supplement and perfect credit information systems and monitoring systems, provide powerful support for economic adjustment, market supervision and management, social management and public services (Development and Reform Commission, Public Security Bureau State Administration of Industry and Commerce, Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine, Cyberspace Administration, etc.,. are responsible)
- Promoting data resource openness. Research and publish a national big data strategy, clarify and enhance the country’s big data control capacity. Establish uniform national governmental information openness platforms and basic data resource bases, launch public data open use reform trials, and publish management regulations for the openness of data in governmental bodies. According to the grading and classification of importance and sensitivity, promote openness and sharing of government and public information resources, support the masses and small and micro-enterprises to fully excavate the commercial value of information resources and stimulate innovation in Internet applications. (Development and Reform Commission, Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, State Council General Office, Cyberspace Administration, etc. are responsible)
- Strengthening the construction of laws and regulations. Accelerate legislation work concerning “Internet Plus” focusing on the new characteristics of the converged development of the Internet and various other sectors, research, adjust and perfect current administrative regulations and policies that are not suited to the development and management of “Internet Plus”. Implement regulations concerning strengthening online information protection and information openness, accelerate the promotion and formulation of laws and regulations on cybersecurity, e-commerce, personal information protection, Internet information service management, etc. Perfect complementary provisions in anti-monopoly law, further expand anti-monopoly law enforcement, strictly investigate and prosecute corporate monopolistic acts in the information area, and create an environment of fair competition on the Internet. (Legislation Office, Cyberspace Administration, Development and Reform Commission, Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, Public Security Bureau, Ministry of State Security, Ministry of Commerce, State Administration of Industry and Commerce, etc., are responsible)
(5) Expand foreign cooperation.
- Encouraging enterprises to unite and go abroad. In integration with “One Belt, One Road” and other such major national strategies, support and encourage Internet enterprises with competitive advantages to take the lead in marching out jointly with enterprises in manufacturing, finance, information and communication technology and other such areas., borrow mutual strength through methods such as overseas mergers and acquisitions, joint operations, establishment of branch bodies, etc., jointly open up international markets, move forward with international production capacity cooperation, build cross-border industry chain systems, and strengthen global competitiveness. (Development and Reform Commission, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, Ministry of Commerce, Cyberspace Administration, etc., are responsible)
- Developing global market applications. Encourage “Internet Plus” enterprises to integrate domestic and foreign resources, and foster “Internet Plus” application platforms with global influence, aimed at providing worldwide industrial clouds, supply chain management, big data analysis and other such online services. Encourage Internet enterprises to vigorously expand foreign users, and push out products and services suited for different market cultures. (Ministry of Commerce, Development and Reform Commission, Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, Cyberspace Administration, etc., are responsible)
- Strengthen service capabilities for marching out. Fully give rein to the roles of government, industry associations, sectoral associations and corresponding intermediary bodies to create joint forces in support of “Internet Plus” enterprises marching out. Encourage intermediary bodies to provide information consultancy, legal assistance, fiscal intermediary and other such services for enterprises to expand into foreign markets. Support sectoral associations, industrial associations and enterprises to jointly popularize Chinese technologies and Chinese standards, use technological standards’ marching out to drive the foreign popularization and application of products and services. (Ministry of Commerce, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Development and Reform Commission, Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, General Administration of Customs, Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine, Cyberspace Administration, etc., are responsible)
(5) Strengthening intelligence construction.
- Strengthening training for applied capabilities. Encourage all local levels’ governments to adopt service procurement methods to provide Internet knowledge and skills training to society, support corresponding research bodies and experts to conduct basic “Internet Plus” knowledge and application training. Encourage traditional enterprises to establish information consultancies, talent exchange and other such collaborative mechanisms with Internet enterprises to stimulate both sides to deepen exchange and collaboration. Strengthen Internet skills training of talents in areas such as manufacturing and agriculture, especially high-level enterprise management personnel, encourage Internet talents to exchange in both directions with traditional sectors’ talents. (Ministry of Science and Technology, Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security, Cyberspace Administration, etc., are responsible)
- Accelerating the training of comprehensive talents. Encourage higher education institutes to set up relevant majors on the basis of development needs and the organizational capacity of the schools, aimed at the needs of converged “Internet Plus” development, focus on ensuring that domestic and foreign pioneering research achievements are introduced into specialist education as quickly as possible. Encourage all kinds of schools to appoint high-level talents in the Internet area as part-time professors, and accelerate experimental education in the “Internet Plus” area. (Ministry of Education, Development and Reform Commission, Ministry of Science and Technology, Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security, Cyberspace Administration, etc., are responsible).
- Encouraging joint fostering and training. Implement comprehensive reform programmes for collaborative majors between industry and schools, encourage schools and enterprises, or institutes and enterprises, to organize collaborative teaching and move forward the training of “Internet Plus” specialist technological talents. Deepen industry-school convergence in the Internet area, rely on the intelligence resources and research platforms in higher education institutes, research bodies and enterprises to establish a batch of joint practical training bases. Establish enterprise technology centres and school linkage mechanisms, encourage enterprises to establish “Internet Plus” research bodies and experimental centres in schools. (Ministry of Education, Development and Reform Commission, Ministry of Science and Technology, Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security, Cyberspace Administration, etc., are responsible)
- Using global intelligence resources. Fully use existing talent import plans and encourage enterprises to establish foreign research centres as well as many other means to bring in and foster a batch of high-end talents for the “Internet Plus” area. Perfect migration and visa rules, create allocation, incentive and guarantee mechanisms that benefit the introduction of talents, and provide beneficial condition to bring in foreign talents. Support the full use of global Internet talent resources through task outsourcing, industrial cooperation, academic exchange and other such means. Guide leading talents, special talents and urgently needed talents to establish start-ups, innovate and engage in teaching and research activities in our country. (Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security, Development and Reform Commission, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Science and Technology, Cyberspace Administration, etc., are responsible)
(6) Strengthening guidance and support.
- Implementing major engineering projects. Select focus areas, expand Central budgetary investment and input, guide ever more social capital to enter, gradually organize the implementation of major “Internet Plus” projects, focus on stimulating the converged innovation of a new generation of technologies represented by mobile Internet, cloud computing, big data and the Internet of Things with manufacturing, energy, services, agriculture and other such areas, develop and expand new business models, forge new industrial growth points. (Development and Reform Commission to take the lead)
- Expanding fiscal support. Fully give rein to the role of national scientific planning, vigorously orient investment toward “Internet Plus” converged innovation and key technology research and development as well as application demonstrations that meet conditions. Comprehensively use existing special government funds to support the construction of “Internet Plus” platforms and application demonstrations. Expand government department procurement of cloud computing services, explore new mechanisms for government informatization construction and operations based on cloud computing. Encourage local government to innovate risk compensation mechanisms, and explore new “Internet Plus” development models. (Ministry of Finance, General Administration of Customs, Development and Reform Commission, Ministry of Science and Technology, Cyberspace Administration of China, etc., are responsible)
- Perfecting financial services. Vigorously give rein to the investment guidance role of angel investment and risk investment funds for “Internet Plus”. Launch Internet finance innovation trials such as share crowdfunding, etc., supporting the development of small and micro enterprises. Support relevant funds established and funded by the state in orienting investment towards “Internet Plus”, encourage social capital to expand investment into relevant innovative enterprises. Vigorously develop intellectual property right mortgage funding, credit insurance financing and other such services, encourage support of “Internet Plus” development through bond financing methods, support “Internet Plus” enterprises meeting conditions to issue corporate bonds. Launch convergence, integration and innovation trials, explore financing services integrating equity and debt. Reduce barriers to access financial markets for innovative enterprises, integrate the revision of the securities law with reform of stock issuance and registry structures, support Internet enterprises in particular growth stages and with good development prospects that aren’t yet profitable to become listed in a start-up exchange. Promote that the banking sector and financial institutions innovate credit products and financial services, and expand landing input. Encourage development-oriented financial bodies to provide effective financial support to major “Internet Plus” projects and constructions. (People’s Bank, Development and Reform Commission, Banking Regulatory Commission, Securities Regulatory Commission, Insurance Regulatory Commission, Cyberspace Administration and Development Bank, etc., are responsible.)
(7) Carrying out organization and implementation.
- Strengthening organizational leadership. Establish an interdepartmental joint conference system for the “Internet Plus” programme, to comprehensively deliberate and resolve major issues, and realistically promote the implementation of the programme. An office is to be established under the joint conference, which will be responsible for organizing and moving forward concrete work. An interregional, intersectoral “Internet Plus” programme expert consultancy committee will be established, to provide major support for government policymaking. (Development and Reform Commission to take the lead)
- Launching trials and demonstrations. Encourage the launch of “Internet Plus” trials and demonstration, move forward the regionalized and interlinked development of “Internet Plus”. Support comprehensive innovation reform demonstration regions, Zhongguancun and other such national indigenous innovation demonstration areas, and national modern agriculture demonstration regions in taking the lead in trials, vigorously launch “Internet Plus” innovation policy trials, eliminate policy obstacles in areas such as sectoral access for new industries, data openness, market supervision and management, etc., research fiscal and insurance policies suited to the characteristics of new business models, and forge an “Internet Plus” ecology system. (All departments and all local governments are responsible)
- Moving implementation forward in an orderly manner. All regions and all departments must act with initiative, perfect services, strengthen guidance, look at “Internet Plus” with a view of dynamic development, boldly explore and forge ahead through practice, mutually learn from successful experiences of converged applications of “Internet Plus”, stimulate new “Internet Plus” business models and new economic development. Relevant departments must strengthen comprehensive planning, and raise service and management capabilities. All localities must, integrating reality, research and formulate implementation plans for the “Internet Plus” plan suited to their local needs, suiting measures to local conditions, with rational determinations, scientific organization and implementation, they must cease blind construction and duplicate investment, and pragmatically and orderly move the “Internet Plus” plan forward (All departments and all local governments are responsible)
1 July 2015.