A rule of law society is the foundation for building a rule of law country, building a rule of law society is an important component part of realizing the modernization of the national governance system and governance capacity. Building a Socialist rule of law society with faith in the rule of law, fairness and justice, where rights are protected, which is law abiding and sincere, full of vitality, harmonious and orderly is an important step in strengthening the popular masses’ sense of gain, sense of happiness and sense of security. The 19th Party Congress has determined completing a social basis for the rule of law as one important objective in the basic realization of Socialist modernization by 2035, its importance is great, its influence is profound, tasks will be arduous. In order to accelerate the progress of constructing a rule of law society, this Outline is formulated.
I, General requirements
(1) Guiding ideology. Hold high the magnificent banner of Socialism with Chinese characteristics take Marxism-Leninism, Mao Zedong Thought, Deng Xiaoping Theory, the important “Three Represents” thought, the Scientific Development Concept, and Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese characteristics in a new era as guidance, comprehensively implement the spirit of the 19th Party Congress and the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th Plenums of the 19thParty Congress, comprehensively implement Xi Jinping Thought on the rule of law, strengthen the “Four Consciousnesses”, uphold the “Four Self-Confidences”, ensure the “Two Safeguards”, unwaveringly march the path of Socialism with Chinese characteristics, persist in the integrated construction of a rule of law country, a rule of law government and a rule of law society, foster and practice the Socialist core value view, carry forward the Socialist rule of law spirit, build a Socialist rule of law culture, strengthen the vigour and initiative in all of society to strictly practice the rule of law, push all of society to respect the law, study the law, abide by the law and use the law, complete social fairness and justice rule of law protection structures, guarantee the people’s rights, raise society’s rule of law levels, and lay down a firm rule of law basis for the comprehensive construction of a Socialist rule of law country and realizing the Chinese Dream of the great rejuvenation of the Chinese nation.
(2) Main principles. Uphold the concentrated and uniform leadership of the Party; uphold the guiding position of the theory of Socialist rule of law with Chinese characteristics; uphold the centrality of the people; uphold respect for and the maintenance of the authority of the Constitution and the laws; uphold the quality of everyone in the face of the law; uphold the unity of rights and duties; uphold the integration of the rule of law, the rule of virtue and self-governance; and uphold the joint construction, joint governance and joint sharing of social governance.
(3) Overall objectives. By the end of 2025, the implementation of the “Eight Five” law popularization plan to be completed; rule of law concepts to have deeply penetrated people’s hearts, structures and standards in the social area to be more completed, clear achievements in the merger of requirements of the Socialist core value view with rule of law construction and social governance, the lawful rights and interests of citizens, legal persons and other organizations to be effectively protection, rule of law levels of social governance to increase clearly, creating a vivid picture of constructing a rule of law society that conforms to national circumstances, reflects the characteristics of the times, and satisfies the popular masses, and laying a firm basis for the basic completion of a rule of law society by 2013.
III, Completing structures and standards in the social area
(11) Advancing the construction of social sincerity. Accelerate the construction of the social credit system, and raise all of society’s sincerity awareness and credit levels. Complete corporate social responsibility laws and systems, strengthen corporate social responsibility awareness, stimulate enterprises to do operate in a sincere, trustworthy and lawful manner. Complete law compliance credit records of citizens and organizations, establish a uniform social credit coding system based on citizens’ identity document numbers and organizational codes. Perfect long-term mechanisms for sincerity construction, complete credit assessment systems covering all of society, establish and perfect punishment mechanisms for untrustworthiness. Establish credit recovery mechanisms and appeals structures in integration with reality. Strengthen sincerity construction in sectoral associations and chambers of commerce, perfect sincerity management and self-discipline mechanisms. Perfect the Nationwide Credit Information Sharing Platform and the National Enterprises Credit Publication System, further strengthen and standardize credit information collection and sharing. Strengthen propaganda and education on sincerity awareness, organize sincerity-themed practice activities, create a benign environment for the construction of the social credit system. Advance the publication of laws in the area of credit.
VI, Governing cyberspace according to the law
Cyberspace isn’t a land outside the law, promoting social governance to expand from actual society into cyberspace, establish and create comprehensive online governance systems, strengthen network management according to the law, network operations according to the law, and network use according to the law, comprehensively advance rule of law building in cyberspace, and create a clear and crisp cyberspace.
(22) Perfecting legal structures for the network. Promote the expansion of exising laws and regulations to cyberspace through a combination of legislation, reform, abolition and interpretation. Perfect laws and regulations in the area of online information services, revise the Internet information service management rules, research and formulate management rules for the credit information of gravely untrustworthy subjects in the Internet information services area, formulate and perfect standards and management rules for online streaming, self-media, Q&As in knowledge communities and other such new media business models as well as algorithmic recommendations, deep fakes and other such new technology applications. Perfect supplementary regulations and standard systems for the cybersecurity law, establish and complete cybersecurity management structures for critical information infrastructure security protection, data security management and cybersecurity review, etc., and expand guidance on standards for the research, development and application of big data, cloud computing, artificial intelligence and other such new technologies. Research and formulate the personal information protection law. Complete laws and regulations for intellectual property rights protection of innovative achievements in Internet technology, commercial models, big data, etc. Revise the law on the prevention of crime by minors, formulate regulations for the online protection of minors. Perfect cross-border e-commerce structures, standardize cross-border e-commerce operators’ activities. Vigorously participate in international norms and standard setting for the digital economy, e-commerce, information technology, cybersecurity and other such areas.
(23) Foster a benign online rule of law awareness. Uphold the integration of governing the network according to the law and enhancing the network through virtue, carry forward the main melody of the times and positive social energy. Strengthen and innovate Internet content construction, realize projects on the Socialist core value view, new media broadcasts on Chinese culture, etc. Enhance online media literacy, advance “blacklist” systems and punitive mechanisms against gravely untrustworthy conduct in the online information service area, and advance the institutionalization of line sincerity. Firmly attack the spread of rumours, obscenity, violence, superstition, heresy and other such harmful information in cyberspace according to the law, establish and complete an integrated system to receive and process reports about online violations of law and harmful information. Strengthen education on online literacy and online rule of law for the whole society, formulate guidelines for online literacy education. Strengthen cybersecurity education for youth, guide the youth to go online rationally. Deeply implement the China Good Netizen Project and the Network Public Interest Project, guide netizens in going online in a civilized manner, express themselves rationally, and create an online environment with a crisp atmosphere.
(24) Ensuring citizens use the web safely and according to the law. Firmly establish correct cybersecurity views, prevent cybersecurity risks according to the law. Implement cybersecurity responsibility systems, clarify the cybersecurity responsibilities of management departments and cybersecurity and informatization enterprises. Establish and perfect unified high-efficiency cybersecurity risk reporting mechanisms, research, judgment and handling mechanisms, and complete cybersecurity investigation structures. Strengthen the protection of lawful rights and interests in cyberspace concerning telecommunications secrecy, commercial secrets, personal privacy as well as reputation rights, property rights, etc. Strictly standardize the collection and use of user identities, telecommunications content and other such personal information activities, strengthen punishment of unlawful and illegal acts concerning the illegal acquisition, leaking, selling or provision of citizens’ personal information. Supervise cybersecurity and informatization enterprises in implementing their dominant responsibility, and implement security management responsibilities provided in laws. Complete emergency response mechanisms for sudden network and information incidents, and perfect cybersecurity and informatization joint law enforcement. Strengthen the construction of capabilities to control and punish online unlawful and criminal activities, investigate and prosecute unlawful and criminal activities such as criminal online finance, online slander, online fraud, online sex, attacks, intrusions, etc. Establish and complete information sharing mechanisms, vigorously participate in international attacks against unlawful and criminal activities online.
Article 1: In order to stimulate the healthy and orderly development of microblog information services, protect the lawful rights and interests of citizens, legal persons and other organizations, and safeguard national security and the public interest, on the basis of the “Cybersecurity Law of the People’s Republic of China” and the “State Council Notice concerning Authorizing the Cyberspace Administration of China to take Responsibility for Internet Information Content Work”, these Regulations are formulated. Read the rest of this entry »
Article 1: These Regulations are formulated in order to standardize Internet user public account information services, safeguard national security and the public interest, protect the lawful rights and interests of citizens, legal persons and other organizations, on the basis of the “Cybersecurity Law of the People’s Republic of China” and the “State Council Notice concerning Authorizing the Cyberspace Administration of China to Be Responsible for Internet Information Content Management Work”.
Article 2: These Regulations shall be observed when providing or using Internet user public accounts to engage in information dissemination services within the territory of the People’s Republic of China.
Internet user public account information service providers as mentioned in these Regulations, refers to online platforms providing Internet user public account registration and use services. Internet user public account information service users as mentioned in these Regulations, refers to bodies or individuals using or operating Internet user public accounts to provide information dissemination services.
Article 3: the Cyberspace Administration of China is responsible for Internet user public account information service supervision, management and law enforcement work nationwide, local Internet information offices are responsible for Internet user public account information service supervision, management and law enforcement work within their administrative areas, on the basis of their duties and responsibilities.
Article 4: Internet user public account information service providers and users shall uphold the correct orientation, carry forward the Socialist core value view, foster vigorous and healthy online culture, and maintain a benign online ecology.
All levels’ Party and government departments, enterprise and undertaking work units and people’s organizations are encouraged to register and use Internet user public accounts to disseminate government affairs information or public service information, serving economic and social development and satisfying the public’s information demand.
Internet user public account information service providers shall cooperate with Party and government bodies, enterprise and undertaking work units and people’s organizations to enhance government information dissemination and public service levels, provide the necessary technical support and information security protection.
Article 5: Internet user public account information service providers shall bear dominant responsibility for information content security management, allocate specialist personnel and technical capabilities suited to the business scale, install general editors and other such positions responsible for information content security, establish and complete management structures for user registration, information examination and verification, emergency response, security protection, etc.
Internet user public account information service providers shall formulate and publish management norms and platform conventions, and conclude service agreements with users, clarifying both sides’ rights and interests.
Article 6: Internet user public account information service providers shall, according to the principle of “real name back stage, voluntary at the front of the stage”, conduct authentication of the real identity information of users, based on organization and body codes, identity card numbers, mobile telephone numbers, etc. Where users do not provide real identity information, no information dissemination services may be provided to them.
Internet user public account information service providers shall establish a tiered credit management system for Internet user public account information service users, and provide corresponding services on the basis of credit tiers.
Article 7: Internet user public account information service providers shall check users’ account information, service qualifications, service scope and other such information, categorize them and add symbols, and file them with the local provincial, autonomous region or municipal Internet information office in a categorized manner.
Internet user public account information service providers shall establish databases on the basis of users public account’s registration subjects, disseminated content, account subscription numbers, article reading numbers, etc., implement tiered and categorized management of Internet user public accounts, formulate concrete management rules and file them with the national or provincial, autonomous region and municipal Internet information offices.
Internet user public account information service providers shall set a reasonable upper limit to the number of registered public account by the same subject on the same platform; where the same subject registers multiple accounts on the same platform, or a user operates multiple accounts in the form of a group, company or alliance, they shall be required to provide basic information on registration subjects, business scope, account list, etc., this will be filed with the local provincial, autonomous region or municipal Internet information office.
Article 8: Internet news information service providers who have lawfully obtained Internet news information gathering and dissemination qualifications, they may gather and disseminate news information through establishing a user public account.
Article 9: Internet user public account information service providers shall adopt the necessary measures to protect users’ personal information security, they may not leak, distort or damage it, and may not illegally sell or illegally provide it to other persons.
Internet user public account information service provides shall, after a user terminates service use, provide them with account cancellation services.
Article 10: Internet user public account information service users shall bear responsibility for the secure management of information dissemination and operations, observe laws, regulations and relevant State provisions on news information management, intellectual property protection, cybersecurity protection, etc., and safeguard the online communication order.
Article 11: Internet user public account information service users may not disseminate information content prohibited by laws, regulations and relevant State provisions through public accounts.
Internet user public account information service providers shall strengthen supervision and management of public accounts on their platforms, where they discover the dissemination or transmission of unlawful information, they shall immediately adopt deletion and other such measures to deal with it, prevent transmission and diffusion, preserve relevant records, and report the matter to the relevant competent authorities.
Article 12: Internet user public account information service providers launching online public account messages, posts, comments and other such interactive functions, shall conduct security assessments according to relevant regulations.
Internet user public account information service providers shall, according to the principle of tiered and categorized management, conduct supervision and management of user public account messages, posts, comments, etc., set up by users, provide management powers to users, and provide them with support to conduct management of interactive segments.
Internet user public account information service users shall conduct real-time management of user public account messages, posts, comments and other such interactive segments. Where management is weak, and information content prohibited by laws, regulations and relevant State provisions emerges, Internet user public account information service providers shall, on the basis of the user agreement, limit or cancel messaging, posting, commenting and other such interactive functions.
Article 13: Interactive user account information service providers shall, according to the law, adopt measures to deal with Internet user public accounts violating laws and regulations, service agreements and platform conventions, such as warning, correction, limiting functions, suspending renewal, account closure, etc., preserve relevant records and report the situation to the relevant competent department.
Internet user public account information service providers shall establish blacklist management systems, to blacklist public accounts and registration subjects gravely violating laws and conventions, adopt measures such as account closure, prohibition of re-registration, etc. in view of circumstances, preserve relevant records, and report the matter to the relevant competent department.
Article 14: Internet sectoral organizations are encouraged to guide and promote Internet user public account information service providers and users to formulate sectoral conventions, strengthen sectoral self-discipline, and bear social responsibility.
Internet sectoral enterprises are encouraged to establish authoritative specialized mediation mechanisms with participation from multiple parties, to coordinate the resolution of sectoral disputes.
Article 15: Internet user public account information service providers and users shall accept supervision from the social public and sectoral organizations.
Internet user public account information service providers shall set up convenient reporting interfaces, complete complaints and reporting channels, perfect mechanisms to screen malicious reports, for report acceptance, feedback, etc. timely and fairly deal with complaints and reports. National and local Internet information offices will, on the basis of their duties and responsibilities, conduct supervision and inspection of the report reception and implementation situation.
Article 16: Internet user public account information service providers and users shall cooperate with relevant competent departments conducting supervision and inspection according to the law, and provide the necessary technical support and assistance.
Internet user public account information service providers shall record Internet user public account information service users’ disseminated content and daily records, and preserve this for no less than six months according to regulations.
Article 17: Internet user public account information service providers and users violating these Regulations, will be punished by the relevant department according to relevant laws and regulations.
Article 18: These Regulations will take effect on 8 October 2017.
This translation was completed by ChinaLawTranslate, and is republished here with kind permission
Article 1: These Provisions are formulated on the basis of the “Cybersecurity Law of the P.R.C.”and the“State Council’s Notification of Authorization of the State Internet Information Office to be Responsible for Efforts to promote the healthy and orderly development of the internet forum community industry, so as to standardize Internet forum community services, stimulate the healthy and orderly development of Internet forum community services, protect the lawful rights and interests of citizens, legal persons, and other organizations, safeguard national security and the public interest. Read the rest of this entry »
Article 1: In order to further raise the standardization and scientization levels of Internet news information service licence management, and stimulate the healthy and orderly development of Internet news information services, on the basis of the “Administrative Licensing Law of the People’s Republic of China” and the “Internet News Information Service Management Regulations” (hereafter simply named “Regulations”), these Implementing Rules are formulated.
Article 2: These Implementing Rules apply to national and provincial, autonomous region and municipal Internet information offices’ implementation of Internet news information service licensing. Read the rest of this entry »
Central Committee General Office
State Council General Office
Following the swift development of information network technology and the broad popularization of smart mobile terminals, mobile Internet has, with its prominent advantages of broad availability, connectivity, smartness and universality, powerfully promoted a profound convergence between the Internet and the real economy, it has become a new area for innovative development, a new platform for public services, and a new channel for information sharing. In order to deeply implement General Secretary Xi Jinping’s thinking about the strong cyber power strategy, and stimulate the orderly and healthy development of our country’s mobile Internet, the following opinions are hereby put forward. Read the rest of this entry »
The broad application of information technologies and the rise and development of cyberspace has extremely greatly stimulated economic and social flourishing and progress, but at the same time, has also brought new security risks and challenges. Cyberspace security (hereafter named cybersecurity) concerns the common interest of humankind, concerns global peace and development, and concerns the national security of all countries. Safeguarding our country’s cybersecurity is an important measure to move forward the strategic arrangement of comprehensively constructing a moderately prosperous society, comprehensively deepening reform, comprehensively governing the country according to the law, and comprehensively and strictly governing the Party forward in a coordinated manner, and is an important guarantee to realize the “Two Centenaries” struggle objective and realize the Chinese Dream of the great rejuvenation of the Chinese nation. In order to implement Xi Jinping’s “Four Principles” concerning moving forward reform of the global Internet governance system and the “Five Standpoints” on building a community of common destiny in cyberspace, elaborate China’s important standpoints concerning cyberspace development and security, guide China’s cybersecurity work and safeguard the country’s interests in the sovereignty, security and development of cyberspace, this Strategy is formulated.
This entry was posted in Content Management, Defamation, Foreign-Related and Import, Hardware, Illegal Publications, International Treaties and Commitments, Internet, Personnel, Propaganda, SIIO, Social Media, Structural Reform.
Article 1: In order to strengthen management over Internet user account names, protect the lawful rights and interests of citizens, legal persons and other organizations, and on the basis of the “State Council Notice concerning Empowering the Cyberspace Administration of China to Be Responsible for Internet Information Content Management Work” and relevant laws and administrative regulations, these Regulations are formulated.
Internet user account names as mentioned in these Regulations, refers to the account names of bodies or individuals registered or used in blogs, microblogs, instant communication tools, forums posting bars, posting comments and other such Internet information services. Read the rest of this entry »
This article was published first in Red Flag Manuscripts on 25 December 2014.
Giving high regard to and vigorously responding to the opportunities and challenges that scientific and technological development has brought to ideological work is an important experience of our Party in grasping the initiative in ideological work. At present, quite a few problems exist in the area of grasping the initiative in ideological work through our use of the newest achievements in information technology, and we are often reduced to a passive, responsive state. When looking at the reasons for this, the most important ones are that we lack foresight about information technology development trends, we often have countermeasures that resemble mending the stable when the sheep have run, and have few precautionary measures. For instance, where supervision and management of blogs, microblogs, WeChat and other communication tools is concerned, or the control on communication of heretical and terrorist videos is concerned, we have lagged behind the pace of information technology development to a substantial degree, and we have even lagged behind Western hostile powers and terrorists using these technologies. Many countermeasures have been taken when technology is already broadly applied, and we only passively respond when this creates a certain harm to us, this not only means that the resulting harm is difficult to avoid, it also increases the costs of response and causes the work of the Party and the government to become bogged down in passivity. The use of information technology advantages and the newest development achievement to engage in infiltration against our country is a long-term strategy of Western countries with the United States in the lead. Because of this, we must strengthen our foresight, acutely perceive the influence of the newest developments in information technology on ideological work, scientifically predict the newest methods that hostile forces may adopt, and establish response measures on a basis of a scientific prediction and correct grasp of technological development trends.
In order to deeply implement the spirit of ruling the country according to the law of the 4th Plenum of the 18th Party Congress, implement the State Internet Information Office’s demands of “managing the Web according to the law, running the Web according to the law, and using the Web according to the law”, this website hereby openly makes the following commitment, in order to perfect self-discipline management of posts and comments.
I, Posting and commenting services as mentioned on this Website, refers to services that allow users to publish comments or opinions (including but not limited to language, writing, images, sound clips, video clips, etc.) on this website, through the use of online interactive dissemination technology platforms. Read the rest of this entry »
15 October 2014
Today, an ensemble of heroes has assembled here, the young and the old have come together, we have both old writers and old artists of noble character and high prestige, and have new literature and art talents who are bursting into the limelight, I know some comrades already well in the past, some comrades I’m meeting for the first time. I am very happy to see everyone.
The literature and art undertaking is an important undertaking of the Party and the people, the literature and art front is an important front for the Party and the people. For a long time, the broad literature and art workers have devoted themselves to literature and art creation, performance, research and dissemination, have been industrious and hardworking in their own areas, serving the people, they have obtained great achievements and made major contributions. Through everyone’s common efforts, our country’s literature and art garden contains hundreds of flowers competing and flowering, bringing forth innumerable achievements, they have presented a vivid vista of flourishing and development. I’d like to use this opportunity to express sincere gratitude to everyone, and extend my warmest respect to the literature and art workers nationwide. Read the rest of this entry »
Supreme People’s Court Regulations concerning Some Questions of Applicable Law in Handing Civil Dispute Cases involving the Use of Information Networks to Harm Personal Rights and Interests
In order to correctly hear civil dispute cases involving the use of information networks to harm personal rights and interests, on the basis of the provisions of the “General Principles of the Civil Code of the People’s Republic of China”, the “Tort Liability Law of the People’s Republic of China”, the “National People’s Congress Standing Committee Decision concerning Strengthening Online Information Protection”, the “Civil Procedure Law of the People’s Republic of China”, and by integration with judicial practice, these Regulations are formulated.
Article 1: Civil dispute cases involving the use of information networks to harm personal rights and interests as mentioned in these Regulations, refers to dispute cases triggered by harm to another persons’ right to a name, right to reputation, portrait right, right to privacy and other such personal rights and interests through the use of information networks. Read the rest of this entry »
Notice concerning Empowering the Cyberspace Administration of China to Be Responsible for Internet Information Content Management Work
GF No. (2014)33
All provincial, autonomous region and municipal governments, all State Council ministries and commissions, all directly subordinate bodies
In order to stimulate the healthy and orderly development of Internet information services, protect the lawful rights and interests of citizens, legal persons and other organizations, and safeguard national security and the public interest, the re-established Cyberspace Administration of China is empowered to be responsible for Internet information content management work nationwide, and to be responsible for supervision, management and law enforcement.
26 August 2014
Provisional Regulations for the Development and Management of Instant Messaging Tools and Public Information Services
Article 1: In order to further promote the healthy and orderly development of instant messaging tools and public information services, protect the lawful rights and interests of citizens, legal persons and other organizations, safeguard national security and the public interest, on the basis of the “NPC Standing Committee Decision concerning Safeguarding Internet Security”, the “NPC Standing Committee Decision concerning Strengthening the Protection of Online Information”, the “Interpretation concerning Some Questions of Applicable Law When Handling Uses of Information Networks to Commit Defamation and Other Such Criminal Cases”, the “Internet Information Service Management Rules”, the “Internet News Information Service Management Regulations” and other such laws and regulations, these Regulations are formulated. Read the rest of this entry »
Speech at the 13th Chinese Online Media Forum
30 October 2013
Lu Wei, Director, State Internet Information Office All respected guests, comrades, friends: Good day, everyone! Today, we are assembled in Zhengzhou, an important location in the culture of the Central Plains, to hold the 13th Chinese Online Media Forum, and together discuss fundamental matters in the development of online media. This is a real act in our implementation of the spirit of the series of important speeches by General Secretary Xi Jinping and the spirit of the national propaganda and ideology work conference, it is also an important measure to promote the healthy development of the Internet. Here, I represent the State Internet Information Office in expressing warm congratulations for the organization of the Forum. The Chinese Media Forum is an annual distinguished gathering with important influence in the industry, and has so far existed for thirteen years. In thirteen years, the Forum has had a positive and important role in forging consensus in the industry, strengthening academic research, deepening exchange and cooperation, promoting innovation and development, and other such matters, and it has become an important platform for online media to jointly seek development. The themes and content of all previous Fora not only profoundly reflect the development trajectory of China’s online media, they have also pointed out the direction for progress in the future. Read the rest of this entry »
On 16 July 2013, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology promulgated the “Telecommunication and Internet User Personal Data Protection Regulations” (People’s Republic of China, Ministry of Industry and Information Technology Decree No. 24). A journalist interviewed Ministry of Industry and Information Technology Politico-Legal Department Inspector Li Guobin, asking him to explain the “Regulations”.
On 16 July 2013, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology promulgated the “Telephone User Real Identity Information Registration Regulations” (People’s Republic of China, Ministry of Industry and Information Technology Decree No. 25). A journalist interviewed Ministry of Industry and Information Technology Politico-Legal Department Inspector Li Guobin, asking him to explain the “Regulations”.
Q: The Ministry of Industry and Information Technology recently promulgated the “Telephone User Real Identity Information Registration Regulations”, could I ask what the significance of publishing the “Regulations” is? Read the rest of this entry »
This translation tracks the changes between the earlier opinion-seeking draft and this final version. Underlined sections are reformulations or additions, sections that are crossed out are sections from the opinion-seeking draft that have been deleted.
People’s Republic of China, Ministry of Industry and Information Technology Decree
The “Telephone User Real Identity Information Registration Regulations” were deliberated and passed on 28 June 2013, at the 2nd ministerial meeting of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of the People’s Republic of China, are hereby promulgated, and will take effect on 1 September 2013.
16 July 2013
Minister: Miao Wei
Article 1: In order to standardize the registration activities of telephone users’ real identity information, guarantee the lawful rights and interests of telephone users and telecommunications business operators, safeguard network information security, and stimulate the healthy development of the telecommunications sector, on the basis of the “National People’s Congress Standing Committee Decision concerning Strengthening Network Information Protection” and the “Telecommunications Regulations of the People’s Republic of China, these Regulations are formulated. Read the rest of this entry »
This translation tracks the changes between the earlier opinion-seeking draft and this final version. Underlined sections are reformulations or additions, sections that are crossed out are sections from the opinion-seeking draft that have been deleted.
People’s Republic of China, Ministry of Industry and Information Technology Decree
The “Telecommunications and Internet Personal User Data Protection Regulations” were deliberated and passed on 28 June 2013, at the 2nd ministerial meeting of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of the People’s Republic of China, are hereby promulgated, and will take effect on 1 September 2013.
Minister: Miao Wei Read the rest of this entry »